intend to revoke on approved I-140

Neel28

Help me gurus...

WAC-03-06****

I-140 was approved in April 2003 after RFE on Education. I had a 10+2+3 (3 year diploma in Mech eng) education and 8 years of work experience in software industry. But in my ETA 750 it was stated that the minimum qualification for the position is a baccalaurate degree (no equivalent) in computer science. We sent the educational evaluation and I140 was approved.

Today I got "Intend to revoke" notice stating that the I-I140 approval was in error and may require the petition to be revoked.!!

Two years ago the company(A) I was working with at the time of filing I-485, was bought out by another company(B). But I still work for company-A and paid by company-A. In payslips and W2 there is no mention of company-B.

Now the reasons to revoke,

1. USCIS doen't know whether company-A still exists or not. All they know is about the "buy out"
2. They still does not agree with the "education evaluation" and saying I do not have the "United States baccalaurate" degree or foriegn equivalent. ( remember, once they approved my I-I140!! )

For the first reason, I can respond with all the details and convince them the existence of Company-A

But don't know how to handle the second one.

The worst thing is, I am working on EAD.. means.. I will be out of status if they revoke my I140. What precautions I should to take to face the worst?
Substitute labor? Another H1? please suggest

Please help me here.

Neel

Thanks unitednations... I am trying to contact On_GC-Train

The firstland case is definetely encouraging at the same time the following comments from murthy.com on this make me little nervouse again.

"This is a well-conceived opinion by the Second Circuit Court of Appeals. The Second Circuit has jurisdiction only over the states of Connecticut, New York, and Vermont, however. This means that other
circuits do not have to follow the decision of this case. When a federal circuit court of appeals issues such a decision, it nevertheless can positively impact decisions of other federal courts on a same or similar
issue."

I hope, I will get some hel from on_gc_train.
will keep you posted.

Thanks
neel

Firstland case is no longer valid. I was told by mrs. Moorthy that this has recently been challenged and overthrown by Ashcroft.