inquiry letter sample

davli024

Registered Users (C)
hello, everyone!

this is the first time that i visit this great site, and found out the excellent idea about sending inquiry letter to promote the processing speed, but would some one please share the sample inquiry letter with me?

Thank you in advance and best of luck to everyone:)

thank you for the reply

actually I want to send an status inquiry letter to BCIS, and hopefully that will rend some officer to pick up my file and approve it. it has been almost 580 days from the RD of my 485. :mad: would you please tell me what kind of format I should follow for the inquiry?

I actually do have a lawyer, not a good one, I think, lazy is the exact word to describe him. but I could push him or pay him... but I am not sure which would be a good idea? if I ask my lawyer to send the inquiry on my behalf, do you think it would be more powerful?

davli024

i haven't personally written an inquiry letter before but i think you would need to include your lin #, rd, nd, fp, any rfes sent back and mention that it is past 580 days and could they provide a status to your case. not sure if it will help but like you said, it may get an IIO to pick up your case.

lawyers?? they are all pretty much useless with the few exceptions like rajiv, sheila, shusterman. you could push your lawyer but just don't burn the bridge. in my case, my lawyer's always tell me to wait and be patient. some other lawyers who are nice enough will inquire on your behalf if you asked but the big majority of them will ask you to wait.

ATTN: Status Inquiry
U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services
Nebraska Service Center
P.O. Box 87485
Lincoln, NE 68501-7485

May 09, 2003

Subject: I-485: Application for Adjustment of Status for Your Name(A XX XXX XXX, your Alien Number)

Dear Sir/Madam,

This letter is to inquiry my case status. It has been pending for more than 600 days and much longer than 480 days mentioned by your service center.

The following is the detail information about my application and myself:

Name: - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Address: - - - - - - - - - - - - -
A#: - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Date of Birth: - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Receipt Number: LIN-02-001-XXXX
Receipt Date: - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Notice Date: - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Finger Printed On: - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Finger Printed At: - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Special Registration On: - - - - - - - - - - - - - (if applicable)
Special Registration Interviewed At: - - - - - - - - - - - - -
FIN#: - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thank you very much for your attention.

Sincerely,

Name
Address

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL!!!