• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

inquiry about first time in US

Hi all again
So ive arrived into texas finally yesterday
What i found there is no way to pay the 220$ in the airport... they've told me only online
Also i didn't get stamp for GC in my passport .. they said the one that i got is valid till 1 year or till i get my GC
Ive told them im leaving monday and im coming back before 6month so by that time it will be expired as its validity 6 month from the date of issue but they said no the 6month will be count from the entery stamp of the airport

1. Yes you can't make the payment at the airport - we never said you could. It has to be done online.

2. The visa in your passport has been endorsed and it is now a temporary GC which is valid for one year from yesterday when you were admitted as a LPR. The date on it which was valid for 6 months is no longer relevant.

Hi all again
So ive arrived into texas finally yesterday
What i found there is no way to pay the 220$ in the airport... they've told me only online
Also i didn't get stamp for GC in my passport .. they said the one that i got is valid till 1 year or till i get my GC
Ive told them im leaving monday and im coming back before 6month so by that time it will be expired as its validity 6 month from the date of issue but they said no the 6month will be count from the entery stamp of the airport

Yes it is only payable online.
And you did get the stamp you needed, read the text at the bottom of the your immigrant visa. The "endorsement" is when your passport is stamped on your entry with the immigrant visa.

I think ive misunderstood the answer i thought i can pay in the airport... anyway its fine i paid it already
and yea regarding the visa i didnt see the bottom endorsement i noticed it after i arrived home