Info required

Aam23

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have filed for H1 in regular processing in VSC. My app. was receieved on May 12th and got the receipt for the same on May 20th. Since then there is no change and whenever I check USCIS site, VSC processing dates are stuck at Apr02 while the other processing centers date's are moving ahead.

Is anybody in my situation?.
Can anybody reply who has filed after May 12th at VSC and have not heard /heard anything from them.

Thanks in advance
Aam

I have something similar happened to me. I file a fresh H1b Premium processing for academia on June 2nd, got receipt notice on 29th, and now I have heard nothing at all.

Aam23 said:
Hi,

I have filed for H1 in regular processing in VSC. My app. was receieved on May 12th and got the receipt for the same on May 20th. Since then there is no change and whenever I check USCIS site, VSC processing dates are stuck at Apr02 while the other processing centers date's are moving ahead.

Is anybody in my situation?.
Can anybody reply who has filed after May 12th at VSC and have not heard /heard anything from them.

Thanks in advance
Aam
My case date is 10th May 2006.
The dates of VSC move slowly in comparision with other centers' dates. I was looking at them since it was February 2nd. Now it stucks on April 2nd.

Hopefully

I am fresh H1B and regular processing. My case received date on May 2nd and got receipt on May 10th and seems everybody here are in the same situation. a little bit nervious but Lawyer said "you are safe" :) so lets pray hopefully we can get out soonest together.

God bless you all

got a mail from USCIS

Hi,

My case status in USCIS shows like this...

"Application Type: I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER

Current Status:

On August 1, 2006, we transferred your I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER to an office in LINCOLN, NE for processing. That office has jurisdiction over the case. They will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office.
"

What does this mean?. How long it will take for the approval?.
Did any of you got mail like this?

mine says

Application Type: I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER

Current Status:

Your I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER was received on May 15, 2006. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates.

So dont know why yours is different, what country are you applying from

Hi issy,

My case status also had the same content. But now it got changed to this as they changed my processing center from VSC to NSC. But why they have changed is a big question. So, I just wanted to know whether somebody is in the same situation.

Regards,

Aam23 said:
Hi issy,

My case status also had the same content. But now it got changed to this as they changed my processing center from VSC to NSC. But why they have changed is a big question. So, I just wanted to know whether somebody is in the same situation.

Regards,

Hi Aam23,

I am also waiting for the approval of my fresh h1B which has receipt date: May 15, 2006 filed in VSC. For your case, I have read in the news that there were about 5,000 H1B cases transfered from VSC to Texas to "ensure faster processing of all of these petitions in light of the high number of H1B cap cases that it received in April and May 2006."

You may want to read the article in this link: http://www.murthy.com/news/n_vsctrn.html

To all of us who are still waiting under normal processing, it seems like the Apr02 current processing date posted is not updated as i've read in other thread in this forum that somebody who has receipt date on Apr29 already got approved last week....So let's just wait and pray that our notice of approval will be released soon :)

God bless us all!

hi justinc (sounds like N'SYNC),

Thank u so much for the reply. It really gave me a BOOST.

Aam23

Just a quick one, if we have a start date in new job of oct 1st and our visa gets approved in the next couple of weeks when we can actually go to USA can you go before Oct 1st as the sponser company states you cant travel before then is this the case, or can we go as soon as all approved and stamped to get settled in ,
thanks

you're welcome Aam23, please post here once you get your petition approved. Our receipt dates are close so i'm assuming we'll have the result at about the same time :)

issy007,
my friend who's now working in US told me that the earliest date H1B holders are allowed to enter US is 10days before Oct1(effectivity of the working visa) i.e., Sept21. Another colleague also had the visa stamped on his passport with remarks "not valid until sept21"

hey, we have the same receipt date...i would appreciate if you inform me once you get your petition approved so I can estimate when mine will be released. Likewise, I will update you on my case.

Have a nice day!

approved!

hi all! just want to share the good news. my h1B has been approved:

received date: May 15, 2006
approval date: August 9, 2006
receipt #: EAC-06-166-xxx-xxx
Service center: vermont (not transferred)
processing: normal
type: fresh h1b (65k)

keep on praying guys. wish u all the best!

note: my colleagues who have an earlier receipt date is still awaiting for approval, it seems that sometimes approval is at random but close to the expected date. God bless us all! :)

congratulations i have the same reciept date as you so hopefully i wont be far behind.
did you find out by loging onto uscis website?

hi issy007!
Yes I have found out by logging in to the case status online website and there was also a separate email from uscis.

Wish you the best!

hi all! just want to share the good news. my h1B has been approved:

received date: May 17, 2006
approval date: August 10, 2006
receipt #: EAC-06-168-xxxxx
Service center: vermont (not transferred)
processing: normal
type: fresh h1b (65k)

keep on praying guys. wish u all the best!

/Shailesh

Aam23 said:
Hi,

My case status in USCIS shows like this...

"Application Type: I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER

Current Status:

On August 1, 2006, we transferred your I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER to an office in LINCOLN, NE for processing. That office has jurisdiction over the case. They will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office.
"

What does this mean?. How long it will take for the approval?.
Did any of you got mail like this?

Hi Aam23
My case is exactly the same except for my recieved date was May 10th. My case was trasferred to Lincoln NE on Aug 1 as well. Please do let me know if there is any update on ur case.