Indian with Canadian PR visting US after 6-yr H1 limit

Hello:

My 6-yr limit on H-1B is fast approaching and iam applying for a canadian PR. I know that
Citizens of Commonwealth Countries ( ex: India) with Canadian PR do NOT need a visa
to enter the US.

However, I have a couple of questions :

* When I do visit the US, ( with Canadian PR) do I have to fill-out an I-94 ( arrival/dep record)?? Does anything get stamped on my passport??

* When iam supposed to be out of the country for 1yr after the 6-yr limit, do the above
 visits constiute any violation of the 1-yr ban??? Can INS use it against my GC which
 in currently in process.

Thanks for your time and help.

No Title

When you drive thro the border they dont normally ask dont take your I-94. It was inmy cases just lokkinga t the passport and asking a few customary qsns both while going and comming back to Toronto. If you are planning to aplly for H-1 after 1 year. Please make sure your bases are covered and there is no stamps on you passport.

Bye
Ramesh

No Title

I am in the same boat as you are. Right now I am in Canada with canadian permanent residency after
my 6 yrs of H1. Two months ago I went back to the US, along with my wife, for medical examination
to apply for I-485. I entered the US through Buffalo. The INS officials checked our passports and canadian
papers. They asked me where I was working in canada, where I was going in the united states, when I
would be coming back, and why I was going. For the last question, I told them we were going on vacation
[It was a long week end]. They didn\'t even stamp our passports. Even while coming back, at Canadian entrance,
the Canadian official checked our passports and Canada papers, and asked me how long we went to
the US (I said four days), and whether I was carrying any thing new goods. He did not even stamp our
passports.

To be on safer side I carried my pay stubs, apartment contract, Bank statement, and telephone bill
of Canada.

I hope my experience helps you.

Good luck.

YourFriend

No Title

what has life come to..

Most of us are from good families,well educated
only thing is we need better paying jobs
and crime free society..

And look how many hassles we have to face
Why cant they relax rules for people with Masters
degree and exp..I know Australia,Canada its more
simple for educated and experienced people

What a mess, is this what God has destined i ask why
petitions and more for life.
WE all have brothers/sisters and families in
our native countries..

ESp for people with Masters degree and above
rules should be relaxed and more Green Cards allowed
After my 6yrs end i cant go back to india
and burn my Masters degree and work in a shop
correct? I worked 4 yrs in Silicon valley
and yet even now i cant get GC, companies open
close positions,mergers layoffs, i have been through
all these..

Someone help...Where is the justice u have promised
ohhhhh America ( Statue of Liberty)

Help the needy thats what u have said...

The game of luck has gone a bit too far..

Even God didnt envision that life/death for H1B visa holders
 would come so far.....

Help!!!!!!!

--H!B visa holder( My Labour was approved and I140 filed
 until i got layed off and now have to start scratch
 or go back to another land with no job..)

No Title

Don\'t worry, the new laws will help you. BTW, why should only people with Master\'s get all exceptions. There are people with Bachelors, who are more experienced in work !