Indian PIO card. How to get the thumb impression

NJOY_SCUBA

Registered Users (C)
question for persons who have applied for a PIO card for a infant -

How did u get the thumb impression of the infant ?

thanks

No thumb impression required

When we got the PIO card for our 2 month old baby in 2002, we just sent in all the papers...thumb impression was not asked for. You should just call the counsalate and ask .

Anya4ever said:
When we got the PIO card for our 2 month old baby in 2002, we just sent in all the papers...thumb impression was not asked for. You should just call the counsalate and ask .

we took the best (totally blurred) impression of our 3 month old that we could and sent the form. the card was issued in two days. personally I don't think they care

It need not too perfect, so when the baby is sleeping take the best you can. Thats what we did. You will not get any questions asked on that one.

Just send the right check, you will see very thing will done.

Good luck.

Do your best, take an ink pad and when the infant is sleeping gently run his/her thumb onto the ink pad , take the first impression on a test paper (so if there's extra ink that'll come off) then lightly place the infant's thumb on the application.
Take extra copies of the second page of the application, take the finger print first check it and then fill that particular page.

thanks for your responses...

I used a crayola water color to create the thumb impression. it isn't very clear but will do.... :) It is easier to clean too. just wipe it off

I was searching on this forum and found you don't have send the original US passport of the baby and notorized version will do. anybody tried that with the DC consulate ?

just got a response from the DC consulate.

"Youi have to send the original passport of your baby . You can put ink
from a gel pen on the baby's thumb and get the print."

I guess that answers my questions...

I did with notorised copy of usa pp, i didnt send any original and they never asked. Be adviced, it takes 6-8 weeks for PIO, if you are planning to travel to india soon, go for visa.

I used eye liner to get my son's thumb impression - could not see a thing !!! - got the PIO card in 5 days - they really don't seem to care.

In response to other people's queries/concerns:
I only sent notarized copies of documents to the NY consulate.
In the general timings section of the PIO card link, it says "3-4 weeks..." to receive the card but in the actual application form instruction sheet, it says "2-3 days..." - not sure which one is wrong. Like I mentioned before, I sent notarized copies of everything they asked for via the mail and got it on the 5th day from when they received it. Hope this helps.
Lssd.