• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Incorrect Information on E-DV Application Form

Levanten

Hi all,

While i was filling DV-2016 application form up, I made a mistake by writing my address to wrong text box.
I wrote the first part of my address to "in care of" box on the form. So, the mailing information is like thin on my entry form:

8.a In Care Of : 982 xxxxxx Ave
8.b Address Line 1 : Apt. 87
8.c Address Line 2 :
8.d City/Town : Los xxxx
8.e. State.... : California

Do you guys think that this mistake can be a reason to be eliminated ?

Thanks for answers in advance.

Hey guys please I have a question . I put in my status''' legally separated'''' while i am''' unmarried'''!! i thought that '''legally separated''' means '''single''' :( will that make a problem for me if I get selected ? waiting ur answers please

Hey guys please I have a question . I put in my status''' legally separated'''' while i am''' unmarried'''!! i thought that '''legally separated''' means '''single''' :( will that make a problem for me if I get selected ? waiting ur answers please

Why on earth will someone select "legally separated" as a marital status if they've never been married/if they're single???

If you're selected you WILL BE EXPECTED to present a divorce decree/legal separation papers!

I have a similar issue, I made an error with my DOB whiles filling the E-DV forms online. I was wondering if that could affect my application once I am selected and I provide the correct info?

What do you suggest I do once selected ?

You'd have to decide whether it was worth risking the medical costs and $330 visa fee ... I suggest you first see what happens to people with similar issues this year. Incorrect things on entries like this are fraud markers, especially for people trying to submit duplicate entries . It's interesting btw that you know what the error was, from what I recall people can't keep copies of their entry forms?

You'd have to decide whether it was worth risking the medical costs and $330 visa fee ... I suggest you first see what happens to people with similar issues this year. Incorrect things on entries like this are fraud markers, especially for people trying to submit duplicate entries . It's interesting btw that you know what the error was, from what I recall people can't keep copies of their entry forms?

I only got to know after submitting my entry, You know you get a confirmation code and year of birth after you submit your entry. The Mistake is with the year of birth, I made it 1993 instead of 1992 :( Everything else is correct and intact I think .

It is possible to print/save a PDF copy of the eDV application (befor hitting the submit button, I think?) - I have copies of the applications I submitted on behalf of a family member and the rest of his family last year. As a matter of fact, there is an instruction on the last page of the application that says "Please print this page for your personal records. You will need to use your browser's print button for this". What I simply did was to save it as a PDF instead of printing it.

Ok, wonder if that was always there, because I'm pretty sure we didn't save ours and I am the type of person who would if I could :D Anyway, irrelevant. The only thing that will be relevant, if he is selected, is if the CO believes it is a genuine mistake and can be overcome.

It's always been there, I just cross checked and it turns out I saved mine even from back then.

I only got to know after submitting my entry, You know you get a confirmation code and year of birth after you submit your entry. The Mistake is with the year of birth, I made it 1993 instead of 1992 :( Everything else is correct and intact I think .
i made typing error when i filled in date of birth at EDV form. But i corrected my date of birth in ds260 form . CO may see me as liar because there is difference between date of birth of EDV form and DS260. But apart from difference between date of birth in EDV and DS260 ,everything else in EDV and DS260 is same . Photo , father name , mother name ,place of birth ..etc are same in EDV form and DS260 form. So I hope CO might understand that my mistake is genius mistake and I am not fraud markers . He or she might approve my visa . Please what do you think on my idea ?

CAN YOU PLEASE STOP CLUTTERING THE ENTIRE FORUM WITH THE SAME POST OVER AND OVER AGAIN ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU DID THE SAME THING ALREADY AND EVERYONE HAS ANSWERED YOU BEFORE.

Hi, I wrote my father's name in DS260 application as it was written in his passport, but in my birth certificate his name is written without last letter (as in his birth certificate, it is not mistake)
Could be this a problem?

Hi, I wrote my father's name in DS260 application as it was written in his passport, but in my birth certificate his name is written without last letter (as in his birth certificate, it is not mistake)
Could be this a problem?

Assuming you are the selectee (not your father) then no, this should not be an issue.