Incorrect DOB in I-747

lakshya_0_7

Hi friends,
My H1b petition got approved on 8 may by USCIS but with the incorrect D.O.B. (10/24/84 instead of 11/24/84). My employer/lawyer had made the mistake in the papers.
Is there any way to get it corrected? should the employer apply again? should i go ahead with my visa interview? :confused:
can it cause problems at visa iv or port of entry?

Hi friends,
My H1b petition got approved on 8 may by USCIS but with the incorrect D.O.B. (10/24/84 instead of 11/24/84). My employer/lawyer had made the mistake in the papers.
Is there any way to get it corrected? should the employer apply again? should i go ahead with my visa interview? :confused:
can it cause problems at visa iv or port of entry?

Ask your lawyer to get it corrected.For Visa stamp the DOB should be same on your Passport.

Thanks Ginnu.

I will talk to my lawyer on monday.

any idea as to how a correction is made? does the lawyer need to file a new application? or there is a separate form for it? any idea?

thanks

Thanks Ginnu.

I will talk to my lawyer on monday.

any idea as to how a correction is made? does the lawyer need to file a new application? or there is a separate form for it? any idea?

thanks

Lawyer will file the correction with USCIS and lawyer must know what to do.

**Don’t leave your job in India even after you get H1 visa stamp. Come to US only if the employer has job many who worked on H1 are in US are facing difficulty in getting job. I know 3 persons who come to US on H1 in January 2009, no job and they went back to India.

Last edited by a moderator:
i talked to my lawyer, he has asked me to go to the interview with birthcertificate and other proofs of date of birth. He says i wont be having any trouble. When i asked him to get the DOB corrected he said it wasnot possible now. Strange...could he be lying? should i go ahead?

i talked to my lawyer, he has asked me to go to the interview with birthcertificate and other proofs of date of birth. He says i wont be having any trouble. When i asked him to get the DOB corrected he said it wasnot possible now.

Strange...could he be lying?
-------------------------------may be
should i go ahead?
------------------you have to decide.
-------------------

Hi Lakshya,

I'm facing the same problem today, Please share your experience with me bro...
I received my H1B petition with wrong DOB on my I797B however my employer requested USCIS for the correction & USCIS told us to expect a reply by the end of this month.
You seem to have some experience/knowledge of this matter. Does USCIS replies on time or it will take forever?

Please advise the way forward.

Thanks,
GS