Incomplete Information Letter - The name of my parents!?

mehmemin

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I am applying for a waiver on a No Objection case. No Objection Statement was received by the Waiver Office on September 21 and they sent me a Incomplete Information Letter on October 15. They asked the names of my parents. I immediately mailed back the required information with USPS Express Mail, but still there is no update. Here is the table I see online:

Department of State Decision: Pending

Item Action Date
Incomplete Information Letter Sent October 15, 2010
Other Requested October 15, 2010
No Objection Statement Received September 21, 2010
Fee Received June 30, 2010
Form DS-3035 Received June 30, 2010
Form DS-2019 Received June 30, 2010
Passport Data Page Received June 30, 2010
Statement Of Reason Received June 30, 2010

My questions are:

1. Why did they ask the names of my parents because there was no such questions in the application forms?
2. When should I expect a favorable recommendation if everything goes well?

It has been almost 2 months and I will be leaving US at the end of December. I feel desperate!!

I think you should be fine. There is a delay in receiving mail by DOS, which is about 2-3 weeks, and perhapas it was about a week before you received the letter form them. Perhpas wait or mail the thing again in a couple of weeks...

You had to send your reply to a US Gov't office in DC. ALL such mail goes through processing centers to be inspected ever since the mail bomb incidents and anthrax scare. It causes considerable delays.

thats a good topic. I like that.

Same here my friends.They got my NOS 21. september but there is no more information for almost 2 month.And I also sent them a change of status on 7. october and they did not put that information on my case file page either.

Fee Received July 08, 2010
Form DS-3035 Received July 08, 2010
Form DS-2019 Received July 08, 2010
Passport Data Page Received July 08, 2010
Statement Of Reason Received July 08, 2010

yes they received it. i mean when i track the envelope i can see that somebody at DOS signed it. but there is no update on my status in the system. the latest update is "Incomplete Information Letter: Sent"

should i mail it again? and, why do they ask the names of mother and father?

same here.I sent a change of address,they got it but they did not put it on system.lol.itstill like that,

Hey mehmemin,

Could you tell me what kinda paper is this ? same here,I waited long time and now,they say they sent me incomplete letter but I could not receive it yet.

Hey mehmemin,

Could you tell me what kinda paper is this ? same here,I waited long time and now,they say they sent me incomplete letter but I could not receive it yet.

It's just a one page letter from DOS requesting the names of my parents. If you're in the US it shouldn't take more than a week to receive the letter. Give it a time.

And fortunately they have issued the favorable recommendation last week. It took 4 months after they received the no objection statement.

Incomplete Information Letter Sent January 19, 2011
Other Requested January 19, 2011

here is my stiuation. there is one more problem. I applied j1 visa waiver when I was in the US. and now I am in my home country.before I leave from US, I sent a change of address form.but they did not put that information on my case.I emailed to j visa division and they said, they have updated my that information but its not on my case as you see. I am not sure what will happen for now.

Last edited by a moderator:
If they say they have updated your information, don't worry about it.

Apparently, they sent the letter only two days ago, and since you're out of the country now just wait a week or two. I believe you will receive the letter without a problem.

here is my stiuation. there is one more problem. I applied j1 visa waiver when I was in the US. and now I am in my home country.before I leave from US, I sent a change of address form.but they did not put that information on my case.I emailed to j visa division and they said, they have updated my that information but its not on my case as you see. I am not sure what will happen for now.

Hello all,
I already sent change of address form 2 time but they did not put that change on system and finally they gave me a fax number and they said fax it to the that number and I already did that but there is no change on my system about my address.And now,they sent me a letter which needs to be filled with my parents name but I could not receive that paper cuz of my address.Anyone has any idea what I can do with that problem? I really need help.

and now my case shows just like that.I did not understand something about that :S I checked that today.

Hello all,
I already sent change of address form 2 time but they did not put that change on system and finally they gave me a fax number and they said fax it to the that number and I already did that but there is no change on my system about my address.And now,they sent me a letter which needs to be filled with my parents name but I could not receive that paper cuz of my address.Anyone has any idea what I can do with that problem? I really need help.

Two things came up to my mind:

1. Call them and try to convince the inquiry officer to take a look at your file personally. This worked for some people. Files are held in an office room very close to the inquiry officers' office.

2. Fax them saying that their letter must have been mailed to your previous address, so you didn't receive it. And ask them to mail that letter again to your current address.

Hey buddy thnx for answerin.I was waiting for you. it was showing they sent a incomplete information letter but now,on the system,it shows nothing about that. I did not understand.