*** In Our Litigation, Court Finds Govts' Language Inappropriate ***

Schedule of Judge robertson

link to schedule of Judge Robertson for this week.

http://www.dcd.uscourts.gov/Weekly_Court_Schedule.pdf

I have culled out 3 days of his schedule .
Boy he is so busy, no wonder he has no time for our case.

12/10/04 USA VS CONTRERAS MOTION HEARING
12/10/04 COOKVILLE MEDICAL CTR VS. THOMPSON INITIAL CONFERENCE
12/10/04 RAFI VS. THOMPSON INITIAL CONFERENCE
12/10/04 LIGGINS VS. CARLIN INITIAL CONFERENCE

12/13/04 USA VS. SPENCER JURY TRIAL
12/13/04 SULLIVAN VS. CUA JURY TRIAL
12/13/04 REDMAN VS. DC INITIAL CONFERENCE

12/14/04 USA VS. BATTLE SENTENCING
12/14/04 USA VS. HOLLOWAY STATUS CONFERENCE

I also wonder how much thought and effort he could put into our case.

Affect of Priority dates on our lawsuit ?

Today, Department of State has announced cut off dates for EB3 category . See this link : http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=154145

This might have an affect on our case. INS will say that , they will process EB3 cases only when their date becomes current. Also they will argue that all I485 people are not in one class because of the change in priority dates for EB2 and EB3.

waitingnwaiting said:
link to schedule of Judge Robertson for this week.

http://www.dcd.uscourts.gov/Weekly_Court_Schedule.pdf

I have culled out 3 days of his schedule .
Boy he is so busy, no wonder he has no time for our case.

12/10/04 USA VS CONTRERAS MOTION HEARING
12/10/04 COOKVILLE MEDICAL CTR VS. THOMPSON INITIAL CONFERENCE
12/10/04 RAFI VS. THOMPSON INITIAL CONFERENCE
12/10/04 LIGGINS VS. CARLIN INITIAL CONFERENCE

12/13/04 USA VS. SPENCER JURY TRIAL
12/13/04 SULLIVAN VS. CUA JURY TRIAL
12/13/04 REDMAN VS. DC INITIAL CONFERENCE

12/14/04 USA VS. BATTLE SENTENCING
12/14/04 USA VS. HOLLOWAY STATUS CONFERENCE

I also wonder how much thought and effort he could put into our case.

This is the problem plaguing all the democratic countries. There is just too much litigation every where. No wonder the judges have such a hard time to focus on any single case.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rajiv,

Can you shed some light on the PD!! There are different opinion.
1) If your PD is before Jan2002 and haven't filed your I485 before Dec'04, you will be allowed to file the I485. But if your PD is after Jan 2002, you will not be allowed to file the I485 till your PD is before the published cut off PD. Is that correct?

2) What happens to application which are already filed and pending with USCIS. Would PD retrogresssing affect the file. Based on forum most of the people feel yes but there is some confusion.
Would USCIS continue approving application which are filed before Dec 2004 irrespective of PD or would they stop and look for application which have PD before Jan 2002 and approve those cases before USCIS touches other files with PD after published date?

PD for a substitute LC ?

Could someone please shed some light on priority date for substituted labor ? There have been many opinions in the forum but none seem conclusive.

Could someone confirm whether for a substitute labor case, the PD is from the original LC or the I-140 filing date ?

For try4gc

It is the date the labor was applied. I confirmed on another forms and also on my I140 approval.

Seems like Dec 20 is status confernce on this matter

Seems like that the Honorable Robertson wants to remind Plaintiffs to file motion for leave to amend so that the relief that is being sought can be modified on file.

I think, judge/court also got the germs from USCIS folks and infected by the 'backlog' disease of USCIS!!!

operations said:
I have no clue why we have not received the decision of the court. Waiting....

Attn dSatish

I know this is not the right place to put this posting, but i think it will get maximum exposure here. dSatish, can you please post account details and usage of funds collected by immigrationportal.org? We have no idea how is that money being utilised and if the attorney that was hired part time has produced any tangible results so far. Also if we dont have too much on cards, can we donate some money to the tsunami effected disaster relief?

Donate Money to tsunami effected disaster relief

kailashr said:
I know this is not the right place to put this posting, but i think it will get maximum exposure here. dSatish, can you please post account details and usage of funds collected by immigrationportal.org? We have no idea how is that money being utilised and if the attorney that was hired part time has produced any tangible results so far. Also if we dont have too much on cards, can we donate some money to the tsunami effected disaster relief?

Yes, I support this Idea..

Donate all the money collected (or atleast my contribution) in the name of immigration portal to the Red Cross or PM Fund for relief operations

I will have a satisfaction that it served some body who is in need..

Last edited by a moderator:
kailashr said:

It was a right question in the wrong forum. I have answered it in the appropriate forum. In future, please use that thread for discussion on Fund.
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1013358#post1013358

kailashr,

I think if you want to send the money, don't give to govt. The Pettu politician will eat away the money.
It would be best if someone can organise the effort to take food items to the poors. Remember Latur and other incidents. So much money was contributed. If the govt. wanted they could have made golden latur but still I doubt justice was done to the needy people.
Like take my case - I have contributed around $2000 to a org. and I am taking there help to organise medical camp in village for free cost.
If you want me to do something let me know. I shall give accountability of each and every money given to me.

IMHO, the best way to make donations for relief against natural disasters is to donate to redcross. That way you know for 200% sure, that every penny you have donated will be spent rightly. I have donated $100 to red cross during the Florida Hurrican disaster and after that added the "Donate to Red Cross" link in my signature. Every year i will keep donating to red cross.

Brij,

Even i am not in favor of donating to corrupt govt. I donate regulary to UNICEF and i donated to International Red Cross society for tsunami relief. I am certainly interested in the work you are doing. Can you please send me more details at my email? I will PM u my email.

thanks and god bless

K-

Brij523 said:
kailashr,

I think if you want to send the money, don't give to govt. The Pettu politician will eat away the money.
It would be best if someone can organise the effort to take food items to the poors. Remember Latur and other incidents. So much money was contributed. If the govt. wanted they could have made golden latur but still I doubt justice was done to the needy people.
Like take my case - I have contributed around $2000 to a org. and I am taking there help to organise medical camp in village for free cost.
If you want me to do something let me know. I shall give accountability of each and every money given to me.