Importing car with TN status

Civeng15

Hi everyone,

I moved to Michigan from Montreal last January with TN status. Now I want to register my car and Secretary of State here in Michigan asked me for the car title (I have it) and CBP 7501 form. Can I just print the form and take it to Windsor-Michigan POE without leaving USA to have it done.
Any help is much appreciated.

Yes. Or you can do it at any POE within US. Some border POE's are configured such that it may be difficult to get to office without leaving US, but there is usually some back road entrance. This is not a process that requires physical departure and re-entry.

For Windsor Michigan POE (in Detroit) there is a way to get into it without crossing the border back into Canada. Use Waze (the mapping tool) since google maps will give you the wrong directions (Gmaps will make you go into Canada and then back into the USA).

I had to follow these directions to obtain my nexus pass. At one point, you will come to a sign that says "Bridge to Canada" and something along the lines of "Exiting USA" but just ignore it. I tried to find the directions they gave me for my Nexus, but can't find it. If you have any questions, let me know