Important question regarding I-485 (Green Card) Based on asylum

Hello everybody I decided to ask about my family story and I need your help everyone so let me start my mom granted asylum status (May 2014) then she did bring us she did apply form (I-730) for me (21)and my two siblings (19,18) we came to the US (Jan 2015) we are from Egypt then on (May 2015) my mom applied for adjustment of status (I-485) then on (sep 2015 ) USCIS sent her a RFE (birth certificate) her case not approved yet .. so on (May 2016 ) we applied me and my two siblings for Adjustment of status and all off the sudden on ( July 2016 ) the Four Cases my mom and me and my two siblings transferred to NYC field office since then no updates at all so we waited until January then we contacted our senator and he contacted USCIS and they responded back that the cases transferred to NYC field office for interview purposes since then and we didn't hear anything from NYC field office about interview at all just all what I need to know why USCIS added my mom case to our cases and send them to the field office especially that she applied like a year before us what could be the purpose of the interview???? And when We could hear from NYC field office about the interview ?? Thanks everyone

I would get a lawyer as soon as possible. I'm so sorry that you're experiencing this. There could be multiple reasons why they keep pushing your case back such as connections to some terrorist organization, or if you've been in trouble with the law, or if your name matches someone who might be a criminal, etc. No one knows. The green card process can take anywhere from 1 month to 10 years to be processed if requirements are not met. I applied for my green card on november 2016 and got my approval on march 16 2017. I did my application with a lawyer and I would highly recommend to get a lawyer.

Best,

Thanks for the answer i don't think the issue with national security the only reason could be verification because the asylum cases are the most as far as fraud so they possibly wants to verify the case before giving a decision that's why non of us got an approval even the principal asylee

Update we just received an interview notice for each one of us for 5/31/2017 and every single notice got a different interview time like 9:30 10:45 11:45 1:30 and I have a question if any one could help the interview notice came with a standard list of doucment and also affidavit of support Form I-864 I am not sure why because our case is based on asylum??! And also came with a medical examination form

Update we went for the interview last Wednesday the questions were just normal but for the principal asylee the the officer asked questions about the asylum case after that she moved on and asked the 45 security questions and she took the New medical envelopes and at the beginning she took I-94 from each passport and added it in file for each case then she made copies from passport and she said you will get a decision in the mail for now we didn't receive any thing I don't know if we will be approved or not so far :( , any one had experience with similar situation ? Thanks

Update we went for the interview last Wednesday the questions were just normal but for the principal asylee the the officer asked questions about the asylum case after that she moved on and asked the 45 security questions and she took the New medical envelopes and at the beginning she took I-94 from each passport and added it in file for each case then she made copies from passport and she said you will get a decision in the mail for now we didn't receive any thing I don't know if we will be approved or not so far :( , any one had experience with similar situation ? Thanks

Thanks Mike for updating us. I think everything good with you and there is nothing to worry about.
I hope you get good news soon and I will pray for that.
Keep us posted.

Unfortunately not yet it’s been 2 months already I sent a case inquiry on Friday let’s see if that will help if not by the beginning of September will speak to my congressman or senator to check with USCIS