• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Important dv question according to my situation....

MNDS

I am 36 and still single, i was born and raised in a country were just a little human rights for foreigners, I couldn't get the citizenship even by birth in this land because it's as impossible as asking for the key to heaven.

I gave a girl that i met on internet a ride to her house by my car, it was 10 min ride thats all, never seen her again, then i struggled for two years trying to defend myself because what i have done considered as crime, which all i did is give a girl who is not related to me a ride, and now they will deport me out of this country for this matter...

They can't deport me to my parents land cause of the problems n chaos over there, and they gave me very few shity countries to choose to be deported to, and i have 3 weeks left to finish all my things here n sell my things, car, etc....

So my question is, if I applied to dv now in this country before being deported , and by chance got selected, can i do the interview in the US Embassy in another country?

Last edited:
I am 36 and still single, i was born and raised in a country were just a little human rights for foreigners, I couldn't get the citizenship even by birth in this land because it's as impossible as asking for the key to heaven.

I gave a girl that i met on internet a ride to her house by my car, it was 10 min ride thats all, never seen her again, then i struggled for two years trying to defend myself because what i have done considered as crime, which all i did is give a girl who is not related to me a ride, and now the will deport me out of this country for this matter...

They can't deport me to my parents land cause of the problems n chaos over there, and they gave me very few shity countries to choose to be deported to, and i have 3 weeks left to finish all my things here n sell my things, car, etc....

So my question is, if I applied to dv now in this country before being deported , and by chance got selected, can i do the interview the the US Embassy in another country?

Welcome to Saudi Arabia.

Regardless of where you live at the time you apply, or what passport/nationality you hold, you country of birth will be what you use to apply for the DV lottery, and you can be interviewed in the US embassy nearest your place of residence at that time.

I gave a girl that i met on internet a ride to her house by my car, it was 10 min ride thats all, never seen her again, then i struggled for two years trying to defend myself because what i have done considered as crime, which all i did is give a girl who is not related to me a ride, and now they will deport me out of this country for this matter...

So my question is, if I applied to dv now in this country before being deported , and by chance got selected, can i do the interview the the US Embassy in another country?

Interview location will be based on your address as at the time of submitting the DS-260 form, if selected. The location from where the eDV has no bearing on where the interview takes place.

Interview location will be based on your address as at the time of submitting the DS-260 form, if selected. The location from where the eDV has no bearing on where the interview takes place.
What you are saying is deferent than what britsimon said....
Does it mean i have no luck?

Oh great, i am relieved, hope i can live in a better place.

Thank you both :)
That's right. Nevertheless, you also may want to actively develop a Plan B, as realistic alternative, due to the fact that chances of winning the DV lottery in any given year is somewhere between 0.5% and 3.0%, depending on regional DV assignment, which in turn is based on your country of birth. It also presumes that your country of birth actually is on the list of eligible DV-2017 countries... Best of luck to you!

Ok, some people adviced me to go to turkey and then to Europe germany or wherever as refugee by dealing with smugglers.

after alot of thinking, i have decided to go to my parents homeland "Syria" but heres the thing...

Most foreign embassies are closed in Damascus, so if i got selected, I would go to Jordan or Lebanon, but what should I write in ds260...

I am struggling.......
Please guide and advice me :(

Ok, after alot of thinking, i have decided to go to my parents homeland "Syria" but heres the thing...

Most foreign embassies are closed in Damascus, so if i got selected, I would go to Jordan or Lebanon, but what should I write in ds260...

Please wait and get selected first. We can take on the discussion of how to fill out the DS-260 form after you've been selected.

Ok, some people adviced me to go to turkey and then to Europe germany or wherever as refugee by dealing with smugglers.

after alot of thinking, i have decided to go to my parents homeland "Syria" but heres the thing...

I am struggling.......
Very sorry to hear about your dilemma. My advice would be to plan your immediate course of action independently from your ongoing DV lottery participation. You won't learn whether you will be selected before beginning of May 2016, decisions you have to take seem to be much more immediate and chances of winning in any given year are slim at best. We have no way to offer advice beyond DV questions in this forum, yet please be aware that review of potential refugee status in EU countries such as Germany, that you had mentioned in one of your earlier message versions, will depend on whether you arrive from a country recognized as "safe heaven". Saudi Arabia belongs to these group of countries for folks from Syria, as you surely know, hence you might face a struggle to become recognized as refugee under existing EU law. Good news is that you won't be deported back to Syria, while current crisis there is ongoing. Very best of luck to you!

Last edited:
ok now iam stuck here and dont know how to fill it.....:(

1234.png

what should i do!!!

Last edited:
Put your present home/mailing address. It shouldn't matter which address you use, they're not going mail anything to the address. Plus, people move all the time. They're aware of that.

thank you Sm1smom, i got my conformation number and will be waiting for results,

thank you all for your support