Implementation Analyst

jcaran23

Hi all,

Quick background about myself: Undergrad is in HR from UWO, then a master's degree from Duke (Masters in Management Science). I just heard about the TN visa recently and read a lot about people stretching categories for their positions. I have been offered an Implementation Analyst at a SaaS company in NorCal with a salary of 50k. The job description is as follows:

You’re the slayer of the to-do list. Organized, coordinated, and methodical, you work through tasks that advance and improve the implementation process. You are not daunted by insurance carriers nor their hold music and will do whatever is necessary to get the information needed by your teammates.

Working directly with carriers, vendors, and internal stakeholders, you contribute directly to successfully onboarding our clients. You love being part of a team and cringe at the idea of working in a silo.

In this role you will gain an in-depth perspective of the Zenefits product while learning the ropes of the implementation process.

Could that somehow fit into the management consulting category?

Additionally, there is an "Implementation Manager" position as well.

"After the sales cycle has closed and before the support teams step in, you’re there to make the platform come to life for our clients.

You'll become an in-house expert on how our product works and interfaces with various insurance carriers and vendors. And, most importantly, you’ll stay in contact with your clients and teammates to communicate status updates with clarity, charm, and wit.

In this role you'll gain an extensive understanding of the Zenefits product -- inside and out, up and down… not to mention sideways, slantways, longways, backways, frontways and squareways! You’ll also get great project management experience under your belt while collaborating with internal stakeholders to create a meaningful client experience."

Could either result in a successful TN visa?

Thank you for the replies, I know both will be a stretch but a second opinion would be great.

Sincerely,

John

Last edited:
I have no idea what the requirements are for TN visas, but both of these roles are clearly IT software configuration roles in a SaaS software company. Not quite technical (programming) roles, but clearly not sales either. However 50k is peanuts in Norcal (San Francisco) so these are entry level positions...

I didn't smell any software involvement at all simon, but I do agree that 50K is peanuts (and may prove that indeed this is a non-professional position) "gathering information for your teammates", sounds awfully low-level to me. Its drumming up business, ie. sales.

I didn't smell any software involvement at all simon, but I do agree that 50K is peanuts (and may prove that indeed this is a non-professional position) "gathering information for your teammates", sounds awfully low-level to me. Its drumming up business, ie. sales.

It's SaaS. Software. No doubt.

Thanks for the replies, it's not sales but I'd be coming in after the sale has been made. I guess Britsimon is close to what it is since I'd be helping companies get set up with the software while looking for ways to improve the onboarding and setup procedure. I guess it's not really "consulting" the more that I think about it haha, wish it were easier to get a job in the states!

Also a random secondary question my friend wanted me to ask since she's on a TN right now:

She's currently working on a TN with 17 months left on her TN, she was offered a new position within the same company but for something that is not on the list of TN professions. Is she able to take it? She is thinking she can but she won't be able to reapply for a TN with the same company after the 17 months since she will not be working a TN approved job so she would either have to switch back, or find a new position with a different company.

Your friend is not allowed to take any other job (even internally) at any time without securing another TN (or another status that would work).

So, she has to turn down this offer. She can't work illegally for 17 months and then magically switch back toa legal job on a specific date.