Impact of Multiple Denial of B Visitor Visa

SapnaG

Hello

My mom had 10 year multiple entry visa and has traveled to the US for the past 10 years with no issues. Her visa was up for renewal in April 2012.

She was randomly picked for an interview and was denied visa. Subsequently she has tried for visa renewal and has been denied a total of 4 time between April 2012 and Jan 2013. All the denials have occurred at Mumbai consulate

My questions are
1. Is there any value for her to try for another interview at a different consulate - New Delhi?
2. Will the multiple denials have any impact on her applying for green card once I receive my US citizenship?

Thank you

A1: No. She can only change consulates if she moves from one consulate's jurisdiction to another consulate's jusrisdiction.
A2: No, her failed B-2 application do not factor as far as her qualification for a green card is concerned.

1. Is there any value for her to try for another interview at a different consulate - New Delhi?
2. Will the multiple denials have any impact on her applying for green card once I receive my US citizenship?

1. She will have to try for an interview at the consulate having jurisdiction over the place she lives in.
2. once you get your citizenship, you can sponsor her for a Green Card and since she falls under immediate relative, she should get the Green card immediately. To know about the impact denials may/may not have on her Green Card, its best to consult an attorney or the consulate or USCIS.

Disclaimer: The information provided is of a general nature and is not intended to be construed as legal advice or creating an attorney-client relationship with Law Firm.

Hello

My mom had 10 year multiple entry visa and has traveled to the US for the past 10 years with no issues. Her visa was up for renewal in April 2012.

She was randomly picked for an interview and was denied visa. Subsequently she has tried for visa renewal and has been denied a total of 4 time between April 2012 and Jan 2013. All the denials have occurred at Mumbai consulate

My questions are

Thank you