Immigration Court Procedures

mercier

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

my case have been pending with the Asylum Office, already had my interview, and they told me to wait for a decision in mail last year. This year I have applied to renew my EAD and the RFE says that the Immigration Judge has made a decision on my case last year!! I inquire from the Asylum Office almost every month about my case status and the most recent one shows that my case is still pending with the Asylum Office. I called the court hotline and my case did not come up in their system... What are the possibilities why they sent me such RFE. Could it be an error on USCIS side? The barcode on both pages of the RFE are same, so, I don't think they misplaced someone else's status to my letter... My questions are:

1. When USCIS sends you a referral to the Immigration Court, does the mail come from the Asylum Office or does it come from one of the USCIS branches?

2. When there is a referral to court, do you schedule court hearing yourself or does USCIS sends an already scheduled hearing notice?

Thank you.

Its better to contact an attorney to go to Asylum office physically to inquire on what's going on.

Thanks, sadsoul. I will do so. I hope I haven't missed anything if they ever referred me to court.