Immigrant Wife Wants Divorce Please Help!

freeze

On June 11th 2010 my wife left me. She did not give me an address where she is staying. She says with her sister. We have a house together and have been married 3 years. Her status just changed in November of 2009. What are my liabilities from this point forward? I have been reading about this affadavit of support which I dont recall signing. She told me she did want anything accept for the dresser and a T.V.

I don't think you have any liabilities, same thing just happened to me, my wife kicked me out of my house on Jun 3, 2010, only 9 days after I filed to have the conditions removed from her green card! I believe she found another man, and decided not to wait for the interview, and now she is going to try and say that I was abusive or cruel to her? I go to court on Monday. Back to you, the affidavit of support is to prove you can take care of her financially, if she leaves you she is on her own, she will need to get her own medical insurance. This is the most difficult thing I have ever had to go through so I know how you feel, having someone pretend to love you for 3 years is extremely abusive to one's esteem, emotions, pride, it's terrible. Most everyone I knew told me she would do this, but I did not believe them, because my wife always wanted me with her, holding her hand, she held me all night long, she did everything I needed and was a great wife, except she had anger issues, at least that is what I thought, as it turns out, it was the things she was saying to me while she was angry that were the truth. I am trying to get my life together, I have not spoke to her or even know where she is? Court on July 12th. Well see what happens, I was the one who filed for divorce. I would like to hear more of your story because I need support from some who has had this happen to them.

Same here

Me and my wife got married Jan. 27th 2007. We were married for 3 years she was from Italy. I hate to say it to you both but this is a very common thing. Women use men that might be in venerable positions or that have money. They fool you, because they show you their culture, and the good sense of education they have. They seem to have legitimate intentions but well, they don't. They only want to get into the US. Once my wife was where she needed to go and did not need me anymore she divorced me she left me. Same deal she said I abused her never did (only loved her and tried to get her to love me) however even when she first got here she was emotionally, physically, and very mentally abusive with me. Trust me I am better off without her. She used me because I was naive and I thought she was different. I was also in a good financial position at the time. I am now bankrupt, she would do nothing but slander me to everyone she knows. I went to Italy twice for her, gave up my schooling for her and supported her with everything she wanted for our time married. She tried to have sex with my own brother, cheats on me, sucks dick with her wedding ring on and is basically a nasty lying whore. Committed immigration fraud and made me look like a complete a-hole. The point is that this happens so often because when these women get their freedom and friends they become "who they really are". Freedom is good here in the US because we have no culture people become themselves. My wife is a utter demon, liar, pezzo di merda.

She was a really good actress but like she said "when the enemy is bigger then you are you play the game". Romen proverb.

Last edited by a moderator: