Immigrant Visa While Pregnant - US Consulate, Mumbai

f2aguy

Hello Everyone,

I would really appreciate if anyone who were in a similar situation like us can share their experience or provide your guidance.

I am a green card holder and my wife is an indian citizen. We got married in 2015.
Below is a short summary of our case.
- I have filed her case under F2A category
- Priority date is Aug 2015.
- I130 has been approved NVC fee has been paid.
- Received a confirmation from NVC that they have received all the documentation,
will setup an appointment as soon as the dates are current.
- The interview will be held at the US Consulate Mumbai.

Below is our current situation
- My wife is pregnant. Her due date is in September 2017
- Her doctor advised her not to take chest X-ray or any kind of vaccination
- I called up NVC and they recommended to speak with US consulate, mumbai
- When i called the hotline for ustraveldocs, they recommended to send them an email to support-india@ustraveldocs.com
- I contacted one of our attorneys and they havne't responded with useful information.

Based on the recent visa bulletin, we are expecting an interview any time aorund May till July.

Below are our questions,
1) Can she get a waiver for Chest x-ray and for vaccinations as she is pregnant? If not, what are our options?
2) Will she be granted an immigrant visa while she is pregnant?

We would really appreciate your help. Thank you for your time.

Hello Everyone,

I would really appreciate if anyone who were in a similar situation like us can share their experience or provide your guidance.

I am a green card holder and my wife is an indian citizen. We got married in 2015.
Below is a short summary of our case.
- I have filed her case under F2A category
- Priority date is Aug 2015.
- I130 has been approved NVC fee has been paid.
- Received a confirmation from NVC that they have received all the documentation,
will setup an appointment as soon as the dates are current.
- The interview will be held at the US Consulate Mumbai.

Below is our current situation
- My wife is pregnant. Her due date is in September 2017
- Her doctor advised her not to take chest X-ray or any kind of vaccination
- I called up NVC and they recommended to speak with US consulate, mumbai
- When i called the hotline for ustraveldocs, they recommended to send them an email to support-india@ustraveldocs.com
- I contacted one of our attorneys and they havne't responded with useful information.

Based on the recent visa bulletin, we are expecting an interview any time aorund May till July.

Below are our questions,
1) Can she get a waiver for Chest x-ray and for vaccinations as she is pregnant? If not, what are our options?
2) Will she be granted an immigrant visa while she is pregnant?

We would really appreciate your help. Thank you for your time.

Hi F2aGuy,

I'm not an expert on this kind of situations but I will share some information gathered from the U.S. Dept of state website.

Pregnant women will have to provide the panel physician with consent to conduct the chest x-ray. For the health of the applicant and her unborn child, CDC instructs panel physicians and laboratories to provide abdominal and pelvic protection with double layer, wrap-around lead shields when they receive the chest radiographs.
  • Make your doctor’s appointment and at your own risk accept to have the x-rays taken in order to complete the medical exam. In this case it is absolutely necessary that you inform to the medical staff that you are pregnant.
  • Wait until your child is born to have the entire medical exam performed. If you choose this option, you need to contact the U.S. Embassy in your country in order to reschedule your appointment for a date after your baby is born.
The pregnancy will not prevent the IV to be granted, if you completed all the requirements and pass the interview. Best of luck to your wife.

Hi F2aGuy,

I'm not an expert on this kind of situations but I will share some information gathered from the U.S. Dept of state website.

Pregnant women will have to provide the panel physician with consent to conduct the chest x-ray. For the health of the applicant and her unborn child, CDC instructs panel physicians and laboratories to provide abdominal and pelvic protection with double layer, wrap-around lead shields when they receive the chest radiographs.
  • Make your doctor’s appointment and at your own risk accept to have the x-rays taken in order to complete the medical exam. In this case it is absolutely necessary that you inform to the medical staff that you are pregnant.
  • Wait until your child is born to have the entire medical exam performed. If you choose this option, you need to contact the U.S. Embassy in your country in order to reschedule your appointment for a date after your baby is born.
The pregnancy will not prevent the IV to be granted, if you completed all the requirements and pass the interview. Best of luck to your wife.

Hi Pierre82,

Thank you for your response.

What do you mean by "IV to be granted"?
Are vaccinations mandatory too along with the Chest X-ray?

Thank you for your response.

What do you mean by "IV to be granted"?
Are vaccinations mandatory too along with the Chest X-ray?[/QUOTE]

There are mandatory vaccinations, along with chest X-ray, that are required as part of medical exam in order for your wife's medical exam to be considered complete and for the immigrant visa to get issued. Without those, your wife's immigrant visa will not be issued. This is a process other pregnant women have gone through.