If you adjusted on B/F visas, did you have problems inviting parents to visit?

mayanh

I visited my partner (USC) on a B2 visa and long story short we decided to get married. My parents recently applied for tourist visas to attend the ceremony but were denied. They were told by the CO that it's because of my visa situation - the interview lasted all of two minutes and they were denied after the CO looked up my file. They both have been to the US and back many times (no overstay) with plenty of financial assets, and another child and grandchild at home, so on their own, they shouldn't have any issue with getting a tourist visa.

Does anyone have any success story?

My additional questions are:

1. Is it worth it to apply for another tourist visa to try to attend the ceremony?

2. When my green card is approved, would they still have the same visa trouble?

3. What else can I do in future interviews to convince the CO that they will return?

There's nothing you can do to convince the CO your parents will not overstay or return home. Your parents are being made to pay the price of what is viewed as an abuse of the NIV you came in on. Another attempt at applying so soon again will probably end in another denial, but they can give it a shot if they wish.