If applying for H4B visa, is principal applicants' H1B visa required on the passport

arshjit, how much in advance did you book the appointment for your wife? am trying to figure out when exactly I should book the same..so we can plan dates after my wedding (later this year).

Programmer76 - They gave her visa acc to the answer written in the form NOT ON THE BASIS OF I797. She by mistake wrote two years and they gave her visa for two years only though I797 was valid for 32 months.

Puhrince -- I applied 5 days before the date of appointment.
Appointments are easily available. REMEMBER I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT INTERVIEWS I AM TALKING ABOUT APPOINTMENTS TO SUBMIT YOUR DOCUMENTS (DROP BOX)

i have used the drop box myself when renewing my H1..so based on what ur saying,does one still get called for an interview after u submit your documents?

vemula,arshjit - a question on the H4 visa - did you attest your name on your wife's passport before applying for the H4 visa for her? if so,how long does it take? i noticed one of the requirements for the listof documents needed is attestation of name on passport