I751-removal of conditional status

yqiao

I got my conditional card last year in Oct. I know it's still early to worry about my removal of condition, but I just want to get some idea about what it's like. I have the impression that normally USCIS doesn't interview applicants for 751 if we mail in much enough evidence. Is it a wrong impression? If I'm still married to my citizen husband and can provide evidence, will they still want to interview me? I really paniced last time although it turned out to be OK. I just hate interview. Really need your advice here. :mad:

yqiao said:
I got my conditional card last year in Oct. I know it's still early to worry about my removal of condition, but I just want to get some idea about what it's like. I have the impression that normally USCIS doesn't interview applicants for 751 if we mail in much enough evidence. Is it a wrong impression? If I'm still married to my citizen husband and can provide evidence, will they still want to interview me? I really paniced last time although it turned out to be OK. I just hate interview. Really need your advice here. :mad:

Usually there's no interview. However, sometimes they do conduct the interview if USCIS decides that your marriage is not bona fide.
Also, sometimes I-751 takes a very long time to process, after all it is not a first priority application (the applicant is already a permanent resident). My I-751 has been pending since July 1, 2005. I still haven't got shit from those guys. Although it doesn't matter anymore; I have already applied for my naturalization. My FP appointment is next tuesday :)

What's FP? Hope your interview will go smoothly. But if your I-751 is still pending, what will happen after your citizenship interview? They still need to wait for the I-751 to be processed, right? While I-751 is pending, when you go to the citizenship interview, do you need to worry about proving your marriage or issues related to I-751? Or you go to interview assuming you've got I-751 approved?

I think I'm worried way too much and ahead of myself.

yqiao said:
What's FP? Hope your interview will go smoothly. But if your I-751 is still pending, what will happen after your citizenship interview? They still need to wait for the I-751 to be processed, right? While I-751 is pending, when you go to the citizenship interview, do you need to worry about proving your marriage or issues related to I-751? Or you go to interview assuming you've got I-751 approved?

I think I'm worried way too much and ahead of myself.

Ok, FP - finferprints. Usually, if I-751 is still pending, they combine the two interviews (N-400 and I-751) together.
So, I guess I will have to provide the evidence that my marriage is not a fraud, which is not gonna be difficult - we've been married for 5 years. And you right, if they not gonna approve my I-751, it will delay the N-400 approval.

Dani said:
Usually there's no interview. However, sometimes they do conduct the interview if USCIS decides that your marriage is not bona fide.
Also, sometimes I-751 takes a very long time to process, after all it is not a first priority application (the applicant is already a permanent resident). My I-751 has been pending since July 1, 2005. I still haven't got shit from those guys. Although it doesn't matter anymore; I have already applied for my naturalization. My FP appointment is next tuesday :)

hello there, please explain how u did this, i mean interms of filling for naturalization while ur 751 is pending, thankx

yahayajp said:
hello there, please explain how u did this, i mean interms of filling for naturalization while ur 751 is pending, thankx

Hi, what do you mean how? I subbmited my N-400 application along with supporting evidence (joint bank accounts, tax returns, etc...), and that was it :) By law, an applicant who obtained permanent residence trough marriage to US Citizen is qualified for naturalization if he or she is still married to same US Citizen and has been a permanet residence for 3 years (minus 90 days). Don't matter if I-751 is still pending, you can still apply. Usually, they lift your conditions right at the intreview for naturalization.

Please i need help and suggestions, Any help will be highly appreciated.

I got my Conditional Greencard back in august 2011. I have applied I751 to remove the condition Jully 2013. Since feb 19 2014, Status of my process shows that they have generated the new card and i should recieve it within 90 days. Then on dec 2014 I got a notice for interview, I went for the interview On January 2015, The status of my file online is still the same as before card generated on 19th feb 2014. I still didnt get any response for the interview they conducted. I called them three times so far and ever time they told me i should recieve a card or response from them in 2 weeks but again there is no response. I got my temporary card after interview in NY than i moved to LA for work and transferred my case there and had the second interview to remove conditions in LA. Now that i am in Arizona and i have already changed my address by filling Form AR11.
I have no idea where my case is right now. Calling them again and again didnt get me any proper reply other than " i have put a note in your petition file to review the case and send you the reply. I should be getting the reply within next two weeks". Called them today again and exactly the samething as if they are told to say the exact same stuff every time i call and nothing after that.

Please if someone here knows anything better than calling them at this time. I already been trying to get Infopass appointment since feb2015 every day but there website says 'No Availability'

First of all you should be able to get an infopass. It should give you a date eventually. What's the problem?
How was your interview? are you with your spouse still?

You can apply for citizenship if you are interested in that too.

Your moving might be the reason for delays and problems. Your file might not be sent correctly to LA. You definitively need to be very proactive until you get the result. You can involve a lawyer too, they get better communication from USCIS or ask help from your congressman. But first an infopass ....