I485 approved shortly after layoff. Affect on future citizenship?

GC_122001

Registered Users (C)
Everyone,

I would appreciate anyone who can provide some dependable insights on my potential problems in the future when applying for my US citizenship.

June 2000 - I485 filed under company A sponsorship.

March 2001 - Company A went bankrupt, and I was transferred to company B after it acquired remaining of company A\'s assets. Attorney from company B filed amended I-140.

Sept 2001 - Company B laid me off and withdrew the amended I-140. At this point I had my EAD.

Mid Oct 2001 - Hired by company C. New attorney filed a certified notice to the INS that I\'m still eligible for I485 approval based on AC21 (i.e. I485 pending more than 180 days and found a new employment under the same classification).

Mid Nov 2001 - Laid off by company C because of the market condition.

Mid Dec 2001 - I485 approved based on AC21, and I immediately got my passport stamped.

Currently, I\'m still looking but haven\'t found a new employment. I want to be US citizen after 5 yrs of continuous residence, but I\'m afraid that INS might revoke my GC if they discover the fact that my GC was approved a month after I got laid off. I understand that it is the intent when applying for GC that matters, and I intended to continue working for company C indefinitely. Being laid off was obviously out my control. Any advice on this? Has anyone went through similar experience? Please share.

Mr. Mills, please help

Company C gave me that the reason they laid me off was purely business reasons (i.e. lack of business and work in the wake of 9/11 event) and not because of my visa status at the time. I\'d like to note that they also let go other employees who are US citizens for the same reason. Company C hasn\'t and will not notify the INS about the layoff, and to this day has not recovered from the economic slowdown. Hence, it has no plan to rehire me.

What do you think? Should get a statement of explanation surrounding my layoff from company C to prevent potential problem in the future?

No Title

Why dont you ask them to keep you in there payroll just for another two months on nopay leave.
You have earned for them and you are requesting for something that is totally neutral to them.

I am in the same situation... please Need some advice

Laid off before 180 days. Approved after 180 days but still no job.