I140 RFE - Expert Letter

navnid

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

I got a RFE on my I140 because my Education Evaluation was based upon 3 Year Degree (Arts) + 3 Years Diploma (Computer Science). I am replying to the RFE by submitting another evaluation. Is there a way I can make my case strong by submitting some expert Opinion letter. I have do submit the reply this week Any help is appreciated. Please let me know the contact information to obtain expert Opinion letter.

Thanks,
Nav

3 year degree

navnid said:
Guys,

I got a RFE on my I140 because my Education Evaluation was based upon 3 Year Degree (Arts) + 3 Years Diploma (Computer Science). I am replying to the RFE by submitting another evaluation. Is there a way I can make my case strong by submitting some expert Opinion letter. I have do submit the reply this week Any help is appreciated. Please let me know the contact information to obtain expert Opinion letter.

Thanks,
Nav

You need more than a course by course evaluation and expert opinion letter. You need a detailed analysis showing how the education is equivalent to a US 4 year bachelor's degree. Even then there are no guarantees of acceptance but without it there is little chance of acceptance. Also be mindful of your labor certificate requirement regarding the concentration required and discuss that with the evaluator as well. Cover all of your bases.

3 year degree evaluation

worrieddude said:
Good job Sheila, Nice to tell the truth finally.

When I came to you for evaluation, you said that you had only 1 failure and 1 person whose case was rejected. Now you seem to have lot more failures? Facing reality?

I have always told the truth to our clients. At that time we must have had 1 failure, now there are five that I am aware of, and far more approvals reported back to me than denials.
We do ongoing research which has been making the evaluations stronger. There appears to be no notable difference in the evaluations between the denials vs the approvals. One law firm is running at 100% success. There have never been any guarantees.

Sheila R Danzig said:
I have always told the truth to our clients. At that time we must have had 1 failure, now there are five that I am aware of, and far more approvals reported back to me than denials.
We do ongoing research which has been making the evaluations stronger. There appears to be no notable difference in the evaluations between the denials vs the approvals. One law firm is running at 100% success. There have never been any guarantees.

I wonder who has time to sit through and read the oodles and oodles of paper you make us print after charging so much money. Great it has chinese too, like the officer is going to bring a translator to read that pile load of paper.

I am totally unhappy with your service and would NOT recommend you to anybody.

Also you keep making up things in your evaluations like you are the one giving the degree (Eg considering first year of MCA towards BSc to make it equivalent to a 4 year degree). No evaluator in their right frame of mind would EVER do such evaluation. I wonder who will ever use your service if they get to see such a thing in your evaluation.

Just because you are getting paid, does not mean that what ever you say will be taken to be true.

>> 3 Year Degree (Arts) + 3 Years Diploma (Computer Science)

What was the minumum requirement for Computer Science Diploma for admission?

What is the degree in Art? Is it BA?

combining

worrieddude said:
combine what?

Combine two degrees/diplomas or work and degree/diploma to equal a bachelor degree when we have 3 yr not 4 yr degree or diploma. this worsk in texas sometimes, not always. never in nebraska. you cant combine for the i140. there is a quote from the amer immigration lawyers assoc posted stating this on this board. you have to show the 3 yr is equiv to a bach degree in us by itself.

navnid said:
Guys,

Thanks,
Nav

What was stated in column 14 of the education requirement of the LCA? (send details of the college education requirement as well)

Rfe

worrieddude said:
What was stated in column 14 of the education requirement of the LCA? (send details of the college education requirement as well)

What about the RFE. whatever it said on the lc must have not matched the evalution.

combining

worrieddude said:
combine what?

Evaluators will combine a 3 year degree + diploma to equal a us degree but this only works for the H1 not for the I140. INS has made it clear according to the immigration lawyers: (It is elsewhere on the board also) - "For employment-based immigrant visa purposes (aka green card), the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) will not equate a three-year diploma plus a post-baccalaureate diploma as being the equivalent of a U.S. Bachelor's Degree for either EB-2 or EB-3 classification. Additionally, the USCIS does not accept a combination of academic background and work experience as being the equivalent of a U.S. Bachelor's Degree for "greencard" purposes"

this is as clear as can be. no combining .

bitu72 said:
i have 3 yr bsc + 2 yrs MSC + 1 yr PGDCA

it went to nebraska and having big troubles.

email me at billrider321@yahoo.com if anybody wants to chat further

Did you file under eb2 or eb3?
MSc can be shown equivalent to US Bachelor degree. What is mentioned in your LC for columns 14 and 15?

RFE on Education with I-140

I have an Bachelors Degree and Masters Degree in Civil Engineering. Also have One year PGDCA and 9 years of IT experience.

My labor Ad says " B.S. in Comp. Sci. or the equivalent combination of education plus experience plus three years experience"

Please suggest is there anyway I can match or prove the equivalency.
Is it good to go with any Education Credential service?

Your help is highly appreciated.

Thanks
Venkat

functional equivalency

I have an Bachelors Degree and Masters Degree in Civil Engineering. Also have One year PGDCA and 9 years of IT experience.

My labor Ad says " B.S. in Comp. Sci. or the equivalent combination of education plus experience plus three years experience"

Please suggest is there anyway I can match or prove the equivalency.
Is it good to go with any Education Credential service?

Your help is highly appreciated.

Thanks
Venkat

You should be able to show at least a functional equivalency to a major in computer science. Contact with a private message and I will explain it to you.
-Sheila