I140 Expire

soma

Registered Users (C)
DOES I140 EXPIRES ?
FOR EXAMPLE IF I HAVE A I140 APPROVED TODAY, CAN I APPLY I485 2 YEARS FRM NOW ON THAT I140.
PLEASE HELP??????????

As far as I can remember, you have to apply for I-485 on an approved I-140 within 10 years of the approval of the I-140

Originally posted by waytoolong
As far as I can remember, you have to apply for I-485 on an approved I-140 within 10 years of the approval of the I-140

I don't think that an I-140 is any different from an I-130; there are situations where the priority date wait for an I-130 is 22 years. I don't believe they ever expire.

tHNAKS

BUT HOW CAN I MAKE SURE ABOUT THAT? IS THERE ANY SITE.
CALLED BCIS THEY TOLD ME 1 YEAR.VERY CONFUSING

WELL IF U CANNOT HELP THEN SHUT UP!!!

PLEASE DON'T BE RUDE.I AM NOT SPREDING ANY RUMORS.I REALLY WANT TO WANT.
IF U CAN'T HELP THAT'S OK BUT DON'T BE RUDE.

Soma, don't worry few years back I had the same fear, I contacted my lawyer and she said that I-140 doesnot expire. I can file I-485 anytime on an approved I-140 if I am with the same company. But rules changes and changes over time. I hope nothing changed regarding this. You can also try contacting your attorney or try in Murthy chat or www.usvisanews.com and post a wednessday question.

Originally posted by munnabhai02
I am not being rude here.
The point I want to make is that you called BCIS and they said one year.?. What do you want to want?
Yes it is one year. Go ahead and file your 140 again.
Why the hell you said, you called BCIS and 140 expires in one year.?
If BCIS said 1 year, it must be on their website also. Show the link. Otherwise get lost from here you idiot.
Next time you post nonsense, you will be bashed here everytime you post your reply.
Dont talk bullshit and misguide, you moron.
Come to senses and behave yourself. What do you think your idiotic post will be posted in washington times tomorrow.?
If you have any problems or want information, talk to an authorized representative(Lawyer) and then get back on this forum and post the info. It will be much more appreciated.

Munnabhai,

Do you see any logic or sense in getting pissed at people for asking questions? What might sound stupid and idiotic to you. might have some sense to somebody else! IF you can answer the question, do so. If not, ignore the thread and keep moving!

Why this kind of an abusive mentality? This forum is for asking questions and sharing thoughts; I don't think they said "intelligent questions only". Even if that is a requirement who decides? You?

I am not pissed off by this person. Neither have any info and knowledge about immigration. My problem is that by writing these line "BCIS said 1 year" pisses me off.
I know neither me nor rajaram is going to decide. But everyone here is browsing for information. If I say I spoke to BCIS and BCIS told me they are going to stop processing 485 with effect from today. Then? Are you going to take this responsibility of stopping this nonsense?

Hi Soma,

That was an interesting question you asked. Try to avoid munnabhai comments. He is a such a pathetic worm.

I think my memory failed me when I thought I saw somewhere that the I-140 expires in 10 years. I looked into the instructions for I-140 and I-485, there is no condition on the time period within which one should apply for I-1485. Based on this, one can reasonably concur with TheRealCanadian's observations.

I hope this helps. One of my friends waited 2 years (For Marriage) to apply 485 after I-140 got approved. I don't know wether I140 expires or not. I can say 2 years is not a big deal.

munnabhai02 , i am not talking nonsence

yOU DONT KNOW THE WHOLE DONT COMMENT.i THINK U HAVE A PROBLEM, JUMPING TO CONCLUSION.
I CALLED BCIS AND THE INFORMATION OFFICER TOLD ME I HAVE TO APPLY I485 WITHIN 1 YEAR ON THAT I140.
NOW I REALLY DON'T BELEIVE THOSE OFFICERS, SOMETIMES THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT.THAT'S WHY I CAME HERE.AND I AM NOT CONFUSING ANYBODY(STATING FAST IS NOT RUMORS).THIS IS A DISCUSSION BOARD.EVERYBODY IS GIVING THERE OPINION.NOTHING HERE I BELEIVE IS IN GOLDEN WORDS AND EVERYBODY IS FOLLOWING.I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM IS. IT SEEMS OUT OF ALL THERE PEOPLE WHO PARTICIPATE U ONLY HAVE A PROBLEM.SO WHY DON'T YOU BACK OFF FRM MY POST.
U ARE NOT REALLY HELPFUL. ARE U? FROM NOW ON EVETYONE IS GOING TO IGNORE YOU.

soma If you do't mind
Please write in proper case. All capital letter looks rude on the portal and is taken as abusive some time.

As per Rajiv Khanna, as long as the job is available, the I-140 is valid for EVER. No need to get carried away. Soma's question was as valid as any other questions.

Leila L. Lehman