I140 EB2 Jan 26 2007 @ NSC got approval email then got amended notice a few days ltr

lalaker

Registered Users (C)
breif background
EB3 RIR: 2/2003 filed in Dallas
Transfer to DBEC: Jan 05
Approved from DBEC: 8/05
Filed I140 EB3 @ TSC
EB3 I140 RD: 1/18/06
EB3 I130 AD: 2/9/06
Company closed dallas office as company was acquired. job moved to NY so I moved to NY as well.
Filed PERM EB2 : 6/4/06
PERM AD: 10/06
EB2 140 filed @ NSC
EB2 I140 RD@ NSC: 1/26/2007
got email on 8/14/2007 from NSC that the case was approved. I was really happy
Got another email on 8/16/2007 from NSC stating an amended notice was mailed describing how the case will be processed. Attorney still haven't received the paper copy of the notice yet. Not sure what it might be. has anyone in the forum gone through something similar.

Eb2 I140 from NSC

I just go email from my attorney. The amended notice was just a correction for my Labor Priority Date. The original approval notice had the PD of my New PERM labor instead.

Hi Lalaker,

I am also in same boat. Can you please explain the complete process for converting EB3 to EB2 which you did.

regards,
RK

Last edited by a moderator:
priority date porting

If I am not wrong the process is termed "Priority Date Porting" by most attorneys. To do this you should have an Approved I140 in EB3 category. You have to do another labor in EB2 category. Once the new labor is approved. Your attorney can file new I140 under EB2 and along with it submit the paperwork of previously approved I140. Your attorney will know exact details on the process.

Remember I am not an attorney. I am just sharing information that I know. Please consult a professional for correct advice and detailed information.

lalaker