I140 case moved from TSC to NSC

sameerv

Registered Users (C)
Gurus,

I have two I-140 cases filed.
1st I-140 (SRC07123*****) with RD of March 12, 2007, EB3 (filed without original labor cert).
2nd I-140 (LIN07206*****) with RD of July 12, 2007, EB2 (Substitution from same employer).

Today I received LUD on 1st 140 (SRC07123*****) with following message:

"On August 24, 2007, we transferred this I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER to our LINCOLN, NE location for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case has been sent to our LINCOLN, NE location" :mad:

have anyone been in this situation before? any ideas what this could be?

thanks,

sameer

Please read here (source - immigration law website):

08/25/2007: Important Reminder: End of Grace Period for Wrong Jurisdiction Filing of Direct Filing Cases on Next Tuesday 08/28/2007

• The USCIS launched the direct filing of employment-based immigrant cases of I-140, I-485, I-765, I-131, I-907, I-360, and I-129F effective July 30, 2007. In order to help the consumers filing with a wrong jurisdiction, the USCIS set up a 30-day grace period during when the Service Centers would not reject the filing of these cases that did not fall under their jurisdiction of direct filing program. For a number of reasons, the filers of these applications have intentionally or unintentionally filed these cases with one of the four Service Centers of their choice. This was particularly noticeable in I-140 and I-485 filings. This freedom of choice of jurisdiction and de facto forum shopping is practically gone since the next Tuesday will be the last day when these wrong jurisdiction filing cases will receive the benefit of "no rejection." Effective next Wednesday, 08/29/2007, any filing of these cases which a wrong Service Center receives will be rejected and returned to the filers. In old days, the INS exercised a discretion and rather than rejecting such filings, they often forwarded the filings to the right Service Center. People should not count on such discretion effective 08/29/2007 as the USCIS intends to push on their Phase III Bi-Specialization Program and Transition Program. See Direct Filing Instructions.