I140 approved, I485 cannot apply. Whats next???

your_friend

Registered Users (C)
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am starting a newthread...My I140 approved and cannot apply for I485. Is there anything we can do mean while in the process? Can we apply for AC21? Or can we do somthing? Is there anything we can do?

Note: I know the standard answer for this is"fight retrogression by sending letters, faxes to senators etc"...I am member of such organizations and contributing my part to it. However this thread is for the people whos I140 approved and cannot move to next step. I am trying to explore possibility of taking advantage/s (if any) of any provisions in the process.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
hmmm..

wats AP21 ??? r u asking abt AC21 ??? If so, I think 485 needs to be applied and pending for at least 180 days before u apply for AC21 - however definitions of how many days 485 is to be pending is very vague - may be some expert can throw some lite ..

add me

your_friend said:
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am starting a newthread...My I140 approved and cannot apply for I485. Is there anything we can do mean while in the process? Can we apply for AC21? Or can we do somthing? Is there anything we can do?

Note: I know the standard answer for this is"fight retrogression by sending letters, faxes to senators etc"...I am member of such organizations and contributing my part to it. However this thread is for the people whos I140 approved and cannot move to next step. I am trying to explore possibility of taking advantage/s (if any) of any provisions in the process.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

add me to ur frustration - eb3, ca - PD - Feb 2003, I-140 approved and cannot file 485 due to f****in retrogression.