• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

i won the dv lottery ,got the visa but never left to the states

violetkay88

i won the dv lottery ,got the visa but never left to the states for personal reasons, i would like to know if its entirely lost ? or if it there a way to get a new visa issued and get my green card ? i have the brown envelope sealed ,never opened it.

i won the dv lottery ,got the visa but never left to the states for personal reasons, i would like to know if its entirely lost ? or if it there a way to get a new visa issued and get my green card ? i have the brown envelope sealed ,never opened it.

Which DV lottery year are you a part of? Which year was your visa issued? What's the expiry date on the visa you were issued with? You need to provide more information than you've done.

If the visa has expired, you've lost it. Sorry. I have seen some embassy websites stress that they do not re-issue DV visas even in the same FY.

Addendum: poster also posted this in another forum, it was a DV2015 visa so game definitely over.

If the OP is a DV 2015 selectee and the visa was issued in August or Sept 2015 for instance, the game may not be over, assuming the visa was issued with a 6 months validity period.

However, if the original visa has already expired, then it is definitely OVER and done with!

It's expired.
If the OP is a DV 2015 selectee and the visa was issued in August or Sept 2015 for instance, the game may not be over, assuming the visa was issued with a 6 months validity period.

However, if the original visa has already expired, then it is definitely OVER and done with!