• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

I made a mistake on e-dv form

skynet

Hi everyone
I filed the e-dv form for a friend of mine and we found out that he is a dv - 2016 winner but while we were checking the results it turned out that i had made two mistakes when i completed the form, the first being the day of his birthday it's 11 it should be 12 and the second being i forgot to enter his daughter's middle name, i haven't yet completed the ds 260 form because i don't know what to do should i correct the date and add the name, will this errors disqualify him?

Thanks in advance.

Technically, it could be a problem.

I would recommend you fill in the DS260 correctly and then let KCC know via email of the errors on the original entry.

For what it's worth, one of my middle names was missing from the e-dv and I was not asked about it at the interview (but I did make sure the DS260 was correct and that I had let KCC know of the error).

Technically, it could be a problem.

I would recommend you fill in the DS260 correctly and then let KCC know via email of the errors on the original entry.

For what it's worth, one of my middle names was missing from the e-dv and I was not asked about it at the interview (but I did make sure the DS260 was correct and that I had let KCC know of the error).
I sent an e-mail to kcc regarding the mistakes will they answer me or i will just have to complete the ds 260 form and hope for the best.

KCC don't adjudicate cases. Only the consular officer on the day of your interview can. The best you can do is make sure the DS260 is accurate and let KCC know of the error (so they can see you are being upfront and honest about the error). It's always hard to see if something will be a problem but I figured I would do everything I could to show the KCC and CO that was I honest.

KCC don't adjudicate cases. Only the consular officer on the day of your interview can. The best you can do is make sure the DS260 is accurate and let KCC know of the error (so they can see you are being upfront and honest about the error). It's always hard to see if something will be a problem but I figured I would do everything I could to show the KCC and CO that was I honest.
Thanks

Hi everyone
I filed the e-dv form for a friend of mine and we found out that he is a dv - 2016 winner but while we were checking the results it turned out that i had made two mistakes when i completed the form, the first being the day of his birthday it's 11 it should be 12 and the second being i forgot to enter his daughter's middle name, i haven't yet completed the ds 260 form because i don't know what to do should i correct the date and add the name, will this errors disqualify him?

Thanks in advance.

Fill out the DS form with the correct information, they seem like minor errors to me. If you do decide to contact KCC, they will most likely respond with a genetic answer. However,your communication with KCC will be included in your friend's case file that will be get forwarded to the embassy when the time comes for an interview.