• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

I have identical name with my mother

penjiri

Excuse me, I have a question.
I have identical name with my mother. Our surnames also identical. I'm
not married but my mother divorced. I'm over 21. There is arrived
greetings letter that someone of us wine Green Card. And we don't know who
is winner me or my mother? How can we know about it?

Excuse me, I have a question.
I have identical name with my mother. Our surnames also identical. I'm
not married but my mother divorced. I'm over 21. There is arrived
greetings letter that someone of us wine Green Card. And we don't know who
is winner me or my mother? How can we know about it?
Hi penjiri, you can ask KCC by either e-mail or phone. If you e-mail to KCC, don't forget to write your name, case number and
date of birth so that KCC can tell you which one of you is the winner.

I often hear DV lottery being criticized. One of the big criticisms was that the software system they are using disqualifies people who have same name because the system assumes that one person filed multiple applications.

You case proves that this is not accurate. Both you and your mom applied with identical names and addresses. And, one of you won. Amazing. This means that they do check same name applications and make they are not duplicates.

Thank you for sharing your case with us. All the people that have common names in their countries and were worried that they are being disqualified, you can relax now.

Good luck.

One of the big criticisms was that the software system they are using disqualifies people who have same name because the system assumes that one person filed multiple applications.
the system doesn't disqualifies anybody. Do you know how many people are out there with my first and last name? Plenty. And my mom has lots of namesakes. And people from some Asian countries who all seem to have the same name. The system doesn't automatically eliminate records with the same name. That would be a stupid idea, since only people with unique names like Picaboo Street would play and win.

Both you and your mom applied with identical names and addresses.
you do realize that their dates of birth are different? and perhaps, the level of education...

the system doesn't disqualifies anybody. Do you know how many people are out there with my first and last name? Plenty. And my mom has lots of namesakes. And people from some Asian countries who all seem to have the same name. The system doesn't automatically eliminate records with the same name. That would be a stupid idea, since only people with unique names like Picaboo Street would play and win.

you do realize that their dates of birth are different? and perhaps, the level of education...

LuckyMO,

I think that you got carried away with your comment. Do you realize you just called me an idiot. Who on this plant would think that mom and daughter could be the same age.:confused:

I think that you have problems comprehending my comment. Maybe you should read it again.:rolleyes:

I never said that I thought that people with same names get disqualified. I said that is a common criticisms on the DV lottery. I also read many posts where people were worried that they will be disqualified on that basis. This thread proves that their concerns are unfounded.

In the mean time, please see below link and read about the DV criticisms.

Good luck. I think your writing in condescending. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diversity_Immigrant_Visa

I never said that I thought that people with same names get disqualified. I said that is a common criticisms on the DV lottery. I also read many posts where people were worried that they will be disqualified on that basis. This thread proves that their concerns are unfounded.
In the mean time, please see below link and read about the DV criticisms.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diversity_Immigrant_Visa
I don't know where they got this information from and put on wikipedia: "The system doesn't have the capability to handle applications from two or more people with the same name and surname. For example if an applicant by name John Doe submits an application after another person also named John Doe, the system ends up rejecting both applications on the incorrect assumption that one person has submitted duplicate applications".
That's stupid, to say the least... Even a child knows that names are not unique... And, whoever wrote the software couldn't base the comparison on names only. :rolleyes: And not even on names and addresses... :rolleyes:
Obviously, birthdates, and maybe other data are being compared to eliminate the duplicates.

Yes, it is stupid to believe that you get disqualified only by name. But, some people were scared and worried. This was just DV lottery criticism. It does not mean it is the truth. People will make up all sorts for things to scare others or discredit the DV lottery

I think your writing in condescending. :)
you are free to ignore my posts.

I didn't call you an idiot. I meant to say that it would be stupid to create a system that would automatically disqualify applicants with the same names. Thinking that's what the system does is illogical.

you are free to ignore my posts.

I didn't call you an idiot. I meant to say that it would be stupid to create a system that would automatically disqualify applicants with the same names. Thinking that's what the system does is illogical.

Yes, I can ingot your posts. But, when you use my posts and quoted them, then you are addressing me. Right?

I never argued how logical this view is or not. I merely stated what some people are using it as criticisms. That is why I say that you did not comprehend my email but you addressed me in a condescending way. Being rude is not nice. There is different ways to express your opinion without insulting others intelligence. :)

Hi Penjiri,

I don't think this should be a problem. In the congratulotry letter sent by Kcc to the winner, below you will see, the case number, the full name and date of birth. From the date of birth, you should know who it belongs to. ofcourse your mum is older than you, so if it's her date of birth that means she's the winner and if it's ur own date of birth, that means u are the winner.
I don't see this being a problem

as far as I can see, the NL does not have a date of birth printed in it. Hence, the problem with identifying which one of them has won the lottery...