i have a big Q...plz answer.

tupac15us

Registered Users (C)
i'm a F-1 visa student, i had problem because i went out of status, my case is still pending because the judge is waith for my my interview result.
my Q, i got married to a us citizen, we are going to our interview next week, but i don't have my passport because the USC is holding, can i take a copy of it with me ?? will my case effect my interview even the fact that it's still pending ??
help me plz

Any ID would be fine, as long as you have ID that shows your INFO and Picture like a Goverment issued ID, Drivers Licence..etc.

Taking a copy of your Passport as well.

But one queston...why does your USC (u.s. citzen) have your Passport?

tupac15us said:
i'm a F-1 visa student, i had problem because i went out of status, my case is still pending because the judge is waith for my my interview result.
my Q, i got married to a us citizen, we are going to our interview next week, but i don't have my passport because the USC is holding, can i take a copy of it with me ?? will my case effect my interview even the fact that it's still pending ??
help me plz

Check out this website for an answer

http://experts.about.com/q/Immigration-Issues-344/index.htm

Relax....

tupac15us said:
help me plz

Tupac,

Take any form of govt issued ID, and a copy of your passport to the interview. The purpose of a passport at USCIS interview, is to establish that you are still the same person being petitioned. So, a copy will be fine. ;)

Why is your USC holding your passport? Also, which case is pending with the judge? Being out of status is a violation of your F1 issuing requirements, but once you marry a USC, then you situation is cured by the marriage. Is it the judge holding it or USCIS? :confused: How long were you out of status?

Just relax, ensure that you do well in the interview and you will be fine. Focus on performing well at your interview and not worry about forms of ID. USCIS will know of your violation of F1 status, and will be hard on you to demonstrate that your marriage isn't for evasion of immigration laws. :rolleyes: So, ensure that you and wife have sufficient evidence to show that your marriage is bona fide. Bring everything that allude to the genuiness of this aspect of your marriage, more than anything. As such, joint-everything bearing both your names: car, life and health insurance, apt lease or title deed to your house, pictures of wedding (if u did white wedding), or city wall wedding, vacationing pictures of you two (if u vacationed together), utility bills, cellphone or home phone, cable, bank accounts, credit accounts, basically anything that can prove this relationship beyond any reasonble dount to the interviewing officer. :eek:

hence, the judge is awaiting the outcome of this interview, so use this as your final chance to stay in Uncle Sam.... :cool: As such, I wish you all the best and peace there could be, and success on the day of your interview. Rule number 1: no nervousness, you shouldn't allow nervousness to ruin your interview. Rule number 2: Don't be scare, but ooze confidence at all times. :(

Lastly, eat and sleep well before the day of interview(advise for any standardized test) More importantly, wake up on time and get there on time, oh you could be toasted in the bureaucracy of USCIS should you miss this appt and interview.... :D

thank you guys so much for the fast help, i feel way better now.
i will inform the forum about my interview.

again, thank you.

Al Southner said:
Tupac,

Take any form of govt issued ID, and a copy of your passport to the interview. The purpose of a passport at USCIS interview, is to establish that you are still the same person being petitioned. So, a copy will be fine. ;)

Why is your USC holding your passport? Also, which case is pending with the judge? Being out of status is a violation of your F1 issuing requirements, but once you marry a USC, then you situation is cured by the marriage. Is it the judge holding it or USCIS? :confused: How long were you out of status?

Just relax, ensure that you do well in the interview and you will be fine. Focus on performing well at your interview and not worry about forms of ID. USCIS will know of your violation of F1 status, and will be hard on you to demonstrate that your marriage isn't for evasion of immigration laws. :rolleyes: So, ensure that you and wife have sufficient evidence to show that your marriage is bona fide. Bring everything that allude to the genuiness of this aspect of your marriage, more than anything. As such, joint-everything bearing both your names: car, life and health insurance, apt lease or title deed to your house, pictures of wedding (if u did white wedding), or city wall wedding, vacationing pictures of you two (if u vacationed together), utility bills, cellphone or home phone, cable, bank accounts, credit accounts, basically anything that can prove this relationship beyond any reasonble dount to the interviewing officer. :eek:

hence, the judge is awaiting the outcome of this interview, so use this as your final chance to stay in Uncle Sam.... :cool: As such, I wish you all the best and peace there could be, and success on the day of your interview. Rule number 1: no nervousness, you shouldn't allow nervousness to ruin your interview. Rule number 2: Don't be scare, but ooze confidence at all times. :(

Lastly, eat and sleep well before the day of interview(advise for any standardized test) More importantly, wake up on time and get there on time, oh you could be toasted in the bureaucracy of USCIS should you miss this appt and interview.... :D

There may be several reasons why he is in removal proceedings --- I suspect we do not know all the facts. Perhaps he is subject to special registration ---- in that case, overstays can be problematic. But this is just one possibility.

Incidentally, I also don't understand why the USC is holding his passport, and he seems to not want to tell us. If the USC is indeed holding his passport, then surely she will bring it the day of the interview?

they told me that because of my clean record before going out of status that they will let me go without a bond,but they will hold my passport. that's what they told.
or is it because i'm middel east :rolleyes: :confused: ??