I-94 not issued when I got my H1 extention approved

Venkateswara Reddi

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I applied for my H1 extention in Texas service center. I got H1 approval notice. But I have not received new I-94 card.

If any of you faced this problem before, please let me know your suggestion on how to get the I-94 card.

thanks in advance
Venkat

INS thinks you may be not qualify for change of status

so either leave the country and come back with new visa or
try visiting the local INS office if you are verysure you have
always been in status with pay and paystubs..maybe they can help.
Some times your lawyer may mess up the case by filfing for new H1 in place of COS

Not sure what your question is, approval notice may or may not have new I-94

I-94 is issued when you enter US, which contains a specific expiry date. It can only be issued if the existing I-94 has expired. In case of H1 transfer, it is possible that your I-94 is still valid.

thanks for your suggestion

I am very sure that I am in status. I have recent paystubs also. I will check with my lawyer about your suggestion. Thank you

There are four possibilities

1. INS believes that you are/were out of status for a period of time and therefore did not extend your status.

2. INS made a mistake and issued the wrong approval notice.

3. Your attorney made a mistake when completing the I-129 petition and did not request EOS.

4. You are looking at the employer\'s courtesy copy of the approval notice, not the real approval notice.

Jim

James D. Mills
Attorney at Law
http://www.geocities.com/jamesdmillesq/

thanks for your information

I suspect either 2 or 3 is the reason for not issuing I-94. I was in status from the day I landed in USA.

thank you
Venkat