I-94 Extension after passport renewal

Hello luvs_lucky,

I have a similar situation of renewing the i94 and I live in Chicago. Your procedure sounds very simple.
However I do have a question - seems like you are not exactly crossing the border and entering Mexico, you go through the bridge and enter plaza where there is POE for US Customs?
Is this POE designated by name San Ysidro or San Diego? because when I called up San Ysidro they told me to reenter for me to get new I94.
Please clarify. This is urgent. I'm already one month beyond my I94 expiry and going to Canada would further delay the process.

i94 expiry, i94 new, i94 renewal, Mexico border, i91 at Mexico border, Tijuana border
Updated as of 11 May, 2013- For All out there who want to get new i94 whether it be due to passport renewal or due to i94 expiry etc specially those who are from California. Just drive to Tijuana border Mexico, Park your car at border station parking or next parking to border station parking is cheaper. Address to put in GPS for Border Station parking is 4570 Camino De La Plaza, CA 92173. Come out of parking, To your left there is a traffic signal where its written in bold "Mexico only", you will see many people walking towards that signal and beyond it. Starts following the herds or ask anybody about how to go to Mexico. There are many people like you and people Who are going back to Mexico after their shopping etc. you walk to border will be like this, get out of border station parking, turn left, cross traffic signal, keep looking for a pedestrian crossing over bridge on your right, get on to it, walk for 5-7 mins on it, get down, find a trolley station in front of you, ask anybody about Mexico border or keep following the herds, you will go through many twists and turns through narrow paths, see revolving door, pass it, again twists turns guards looking at you, customs officers looking at you, get out of the building, see queue at 90 degree to you exit with all people facing towards US border(i.e. in the direction from where you came), When you walk out of the building where guards were looking at you, start walking to your right all the way to the gate of the building which has this queue in front of it, its written as i94/permits on the building gate itself, Walk inside , answer the guard or ask the guard that you want to renew i94, walk into the gate, 30 sec walk to next building with "permits" written all over the path, go on the building at the end of the path, turn right and pay $6 for each applicant at the cashier window, wait just beside the window after paying the fee, officer will call you, He might ask you some basic questions, will give you new i94, Saying you came to get i94 is ok, he will stamp new passports also(if you made new ones), Check everything ok before you leave the building, exit the building , turn right, join the line that says "General Public", This will take you to customs, customs office will check passport, ask some basic questions, its is ok to say you came to get new i94, He will welcome you to the US again, Get out of the building and find yourself at the trolley station, you can very easily make out your way back via the pedestrian bridge or over pass. I will be checking this post for few more days to see if any questions. But there is no better or easy way or economical way of getting a new i94. Forget attorneys who say to fly always preferably to Canada.

I94 Extension

Thank you for the details. nagireddij: can you please let me know your experience. I need to get my daughters I94 extended and am planning to visit the border along with her.

I have a similar situation of renewing the i94 and I live in Chicago. Your procedure sounds very simple.
However I do have a question - seems like you are not exactly crossing the border and entering Mexico, you go through the bridge and enter plaza where there is POE for US Customs?
Is this POE designated by name San Ysidro or San Diego? because when I called up San Ysidro they told me to reenter for me to get new I94.
Please clarify. This is urgent. I'm already one month beyond my I94 expiry and going to Canada would further delay the process.

Is anybody planning to cross mexico border between Nov 10 to Nov 14. And also is their any preference for one border over other.