1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are looking for volunteer moderators for the forums for various topics. If you are interested and feel that you have the experience for the same, please contact us with your name and topic of interest and your experience in the area in which you wish to volunteer. A moderator is required to visit the forum on a regular basis, control spam, report offending posters, provide recommendations for reorganizing the forums etc.
  3. US Immigration attorney, Rajiv S. Khanna hosts a free community conference call for US Immigration questions every other Thursday at 12:30 p.m, EST. You can post your questions in the conference call forum and dial into the call at (202)800-8394.

I-94 Date different than Visa Date

Discussion in 'Living in USA On B status and B extension of Stay ' started by ajaym, Feb 17, 2003.

1. ajaym

ajaym New Member

The I-94 for my mother in law is valid for 6 months while her visitor's visa is only valid for 3 months. Can she officially stay for 6 months or does she have to return as soon as her visa expires which is before her I-94 expiration date.

Please advise, this will really help us a lot.
  2. sept13

sept13 Registered Users (C)

I think She can stay until I-94 exp date

As far as I know and from what I read from other threads,
    Visa expiry date is considered before entering US.Once you enter
    US at the POE you get the I-94 which will have the exp date and
    you are allowed to stay until that I-94 expires.

Since this thread is posted under 'B extension of Stay Issues'
    I don't know if your case is different.
    Search threds under B visas and you will find more details.

Sept13
  3. sertra2002

sertra2002 Registered Users (C)

Sept13 is correct !

Correct !