1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Rajiv hosts a free community conference call every other Thursday at 12:30 p.m, EST. You can post your questions in the conference call forum and dial into the call at (202)800-8394.

I-94 Card Lost. Can I get a duplicate issued

Discussion in 'General I-485 and Related Issues' started by i485question, May 30, 2002.

1. i485question

i485question Registered Users (C)

I have lost my I-94 Card and need to file for I485. ( Have not yet started the process) Does any one know if I can get a duplicate issued, if so where and if not then what other options do I have. any response is greatly appreciated
  2. venak rao

venak rao Registered Users (C)

No Title

why dont u just go out of the country and reenter , you will automatically get a
    new i-94 if you have a valid visa
  3. Jony Lever

Jony Lever Registered Users (C)

No Title

if you want to get it while in here , you need to file form I-102.
    I am in the same boat. I applied 485 in May and my wife lost I-94 in sept alongwith passport.
    the lawyer says it takes I-102 long time to get approval..like 4 to 5 months.
    he says i can use a copy of lost I-94 for passport stamping.
    To file 485 you need copies only for I-94.
    I am to totally confused on what to do and the lawyer has asked me to call on Monday.
  4. i485question

i485question Registered Users (C)

Confirmation from Attorney

I spoke to my attorney and tot he local ins official. In I-485 form we need to write as "Lost-filed for replacement" and file a form I-102
    ($85 fee). Ususally they are not sticklers ( atleast that\'s what the attorney said.