1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Obama's LEGAL immigration reform.

What does it mean? Listen to November 21 conference call recording. Subscribe to Our YouTube channel to be notified as soon as the recording is posted.

I-94 Card Lost. Can I get a duplicate issued

Discussion in 'General I-485 and Related Issues' started by i485question, May 30, 2002.

1. i485question

i485question Registered Users (C)

I have lost my I-94 Card and need to file for I485. ( Have not yet started the process) Does any one know if I can get a duplicate issued, if so where and if not then what other options do I have. any response is greatly appreciated

2. venak rao

venak rao Registered Users (C)

No Title

why dont u just go out of the country and reenter , you will automatically get a
    new i-94 if you have a valid visa

3. Jony Lever

Jony Lever Registered Users (C)

No Title

if you want to get it while in here , you need to file form I-102.
    I am in the same boat. I applied 485 in May and my wife lost I-94 in sept alongwith passport.
    the lawyer says it takes I-102 long time to get approval..like 4 to 5 months.
    he says i can use a copy of lost I-94 for passport stamping.
    To file 485 you need copies only for I-94.
    I am to totally confused on what to do and the lawyer has asked me to call on Monday.

4. i485question

i485question Registered Users (C)

Confirmation from Attorney

I spoke to my attorney and tot he local ins official. In I-485 form we need to write as "Lost-filed for replacement" and file a form I-102
    ($85 fee). Ususally they are not sticklers ( atleast that\'s what the attorney said.