I-90

Hobbit123

Registered Users (C)
We got our green card through consular processing in June 2001. Physical cards were received in Novemeber 2001. We noticed in my wife's card that there was an error in her first name.

We filed an I-90 at the local INS at Newark, NJ in December. No news since. Called VSC several times and they dont even have a record of the application being submitted. Since my wife is pregnant and due next month and her I-551 stamp expires in December, we are in a fix.

VSC suggested we talk to our congressman to speed it up. Our congressman contacted the INS and found out that the INS had lost the I-90 application and that we have to reapply again.

We already submitted her original card with the old application. Now we have to physically go there again to resubmit the I-90. Can some experienced people comment and provide suggestions.

On a separate note, we are also worried about passing through the metal detector when she is pregnant. In a real fix, would appreciate any comments or suggestions

Thanks

Do you have the new case number?

Hi,

Did you get any receipt notice (for I-90) from VSC? (your I-485 receipt number is no longer useful when you have filed I-90)
If you have Receipt Notice, then there will be a case number on it. And if you have a case number then VSC can not say that they have lost your application. You get case number when your application goes into their system.
I suggest you go to the local INS office show them the receipt notice (if you have it) or show them the fee receipt that you have received when you paid at the time of applying for I-90.

Also if you have a Receipt Notice, what date it is receipted? Currently VSC is processing Sept. 2001 recipted cases. You applied in Dec. 2001, so I guess your receipt date could be in Jan 2002.

I hope this helps but I would suggest you to take a suggestion from a good lawyer.

Ajay

Thanks for the reply Ajay. The fee was waived since it was an administrative error on the part of the INS. Next, there was no receipt except for the stamp on the passport and a written note explaining that I-90 has been filed for incorrect name at Newark. The application never reached Vermont for us to have a case number assigned and we went through consular processing and not Adjustment of Status.

Thanks again. Any other suggestions ?

I think if you have no plans of traveling out of country, you can renew the I-551 stamp much after it is expired.
I filed I-90 last Dec with VSC. I got a receipt within 2 weeks of filing. I don’t expect replacement card before Dec since they are processing sept cases now.

bd,

Thanks. As far as my knowledge goes, I-90 can be filed only at regional INS not the service centers directly. Could you please elaborate on your application directly to VSC.

In any case, my wife and I went to the Newark INS again today and filed a new I-90 application since they have no record of the first application submitted last december. We have a new I-551 stamp in her passport valid till next October. Hopefully this time around things should work.

Sorry, I mean service center VSC thru local INS office – in my case Boston. However the receipt is sent by VSC.

card produced but not received (TSC)

Gurus please help:
I had my passport stamping done on Sept 3rd 2002 at the dallas local INS office and have been waiting for my physical card since then.I was approved on Aug 30 2002. Then a strange thing happened. I got another letter from INS informing that my I-485 application has been approved (!!) yet again on Dec. 17th 2002. When I called them they say that I will have to file I-90 for a replacement card. They checked and said that the plastic card has already been produced but I havent yet gotten it. I changed my mailing address and I dont know if it got lost due to this.They are asking me to file I-90 now.
I have these questions:
1.Can I file I-90 by mail or do I have to go to the local office?
2.How long does it typically take for processing the I-90 and sending the new plastic card?
3.Do I have the pay the fees (130+30$) again though I never received the plastic card?
4.The letter that I received on Dec. 17th asks me to submit fingerprints and I-94 etc,.I already took my fingerprinting in July 2002 and have not expired.Do I still need to have my fingerprinting done again?

Thanks in advance
tscfiler

address change

I had changed mailing address 15 days before my green card was ordered(as per AVM). I had to file G731N to enquire about the status of the card and got the card at my new mailing address yesterday(a delay of about 6 weeks). I had already filed AR11 and notified NSC and local office about address change in the format as specified in the ins.gov website(regular mail).