I-90 (greencard renewal), biometrics appointment info

phoenixsaint said:
Dudes:

I have several question relevant to this thread:

1. My GC issued to me last year (April 04)
2. I just lost my GC several days ago.
3. Do I need to apply I-90?
---YES
4. How long does it take to get GC reissued?
---------- they have started new procedure to file I-90 with LA lock box or Efile,nobody is sure how much time they will take to send new GC
5. Do I need to go to local UCIS during this process?
-------------- you cant file I-90 with Local USCIS they have stoped
6. Do I need to give them new photos, new finger print? (they already took
finger prints as well as photos for the lost GC card )
--------------- one I-90 is filed you will get notice to go to ASC they will take photograph and fingerprints
7. What is InfoPass?
------------- go to USCIS site and read, one need infopass if one need to visit Local USCIS
8. Why the f**k does it cost $255 to get reissued due to lost card?
------------------because you lost it and mind your language

Thanks for the support guys.

Ginnu,

I appreciate the help.

But, chill out dude on the language issue, that's why I used the "*" to mask
it. Anybody can make a mistake or get a bad break and lose the card...

good news! got biometrics appointment

Good news :)

I finally got the biometrics appointment after waiting for it for almost a month! Here's my timeline of my application process:

Applying for green card renewal/replacement:

Early June, 2005: mailed I-90, along with cheque
June 14/15/16: got receipt
July 13/14: got notice of appointment (fingerprint notification/I-797)
Sept 10, 2005: date of my appointment!!

so for anyone who is applying/ is going to apply for green card replacement/renewal, be prepared to stay in the US for quite a while to wait for these letters and the final appointment.

Good luck!

sejima

Last edited by a moderator:
sejima said:
Good news :)

I finally got the biometrics appointment after waiting for it for almost a month! Here's my timeline of my application process:

Applying for green card renewal/replacement:

Early June 2005: mailed I-90, along with cheque
--------------------- It seems you sent form I-90 by mail to LA Lockbox address
June 14/15/16: got receipt
---------------- You got filing receipt in 10-12 days
July 13/14: got notice of appointment (fingerprint notification/I-797C)
---------------- They took about one month AFTER sending the receipt to send biometric appointment
Sept 10, 2005: date of my appointment!!
------------- It seems appointment after 2 months of the date they sent letter biometric appointment
*** just to go for biometrics it took about 4 months from sending I-90 to LA lock box
***** After Biometrics nobody knows how much time they are going to take to send Card

so for anyone who is applying/ is going to apply for green card replacement/renewal, be prepared to stay in the US for quite a while to wait for these letters and the final appointment.
---------------- 4 months to go for Biometrics and then to wait for the CARD
Good luck!

sejima

Sejima:

Good to hear about your appointment.

I have filed on July 6th and received I-797 C notice on July 8th. But this didn't have any information regarding biometrics.

Are you sure I-797C is the notice of appointment or should be treated as only receipt?

My Case is - Never received card.

cpzinga:

:p Sorry about the confusion. Here's what it should be:

1) The receipt should be I-797C, notice of action, which the applicant will recieve pretty soon after submitting I-90 for renewing their green card.

2) The I-797 (no C at the end!! sorry!!), also known as the fingerprint notice, should arrive a month after receiving I-797C, as in my own case. It contains the assigned date and time of the biometrics appointment.

hope this clears things up!

sejima

I-90 renewal

My husband got his NOA April 1st 2005. Have not got anything after that. Still waiting for biometrics appointment letter. Gc is going to expire September 4th. Do we still have to wait ???? Thanks

alice 55 said:
My husband got his NOA April 1st 2005. Have not got anything after that. Still waiting for biometrics appointment letter. Gc is going to expire September 4th.
------------- while waiting for biometrics appointment letter you can visit Local USCIS office to get stamp in passport

Do we still have to wait ???? Thanks

185 +70

Hi its me again... My husbands Gc will expire after 10 years and He sent application in the 1st of April05. He just paid 185 and got NOA week later. They did not mention anything that He owns 70 dollars. Is that the reason that He havent got any letter for FP>

alice 55 said:
Hi its me again... My husbands Gc will expire after 10 years and He sent application in the 1st of April05. He just paid 185 and got NOA week later. They did not mention anything that He owns 70 dollars. Is that the reason that He havent got any letter for FP>
------------------------ I think that after may 31 he was supposed to pay 180+70
did he efile or sent I-190 to LA lock box or filed at local office?
date of filing?
date filing reciept revieved?
NOA reciept date

cpzinga said:
Sejima:

Good to hear about your appointment.

I have filed on July 6th and received I-797 C notice on July 8th. But this didn't have any information regarding biometrics.

Are you sure I-797C is the notice of appointment or should be treated as only receipt?

My Case is - Never received card.

i also never recieved the actual green card and e-filed for it on July 10, 2005 to NSC. I also paid only 70 dollar and recieved my I-797C on July 15th but it said that payment paid was zero dollar. However, my bank statemnt shows that USCIS has already been paid 70 dollars. so much confusion.......USCIS is one of the most "...ed" up institution in america...

plese keep me mpsted if you ever get I-797 notice for biomterics....i am sure they will ask for 185 dollars....

Desi74,

I will update as soon as I hear some thing from CIS. But I think since we never received the plastic card, we don't have to pay $ 185.

cpzinga said:
Desi74,

I will update as soon as I hear some thing from CIS. But I think since we never received the plastic card, we don't have to pay $ 185.
----------- you dont have to pay 185 but you have to pay $70 as biomatric fees.

Yes. Every one should be pay $ 70. Plus all cases except few (like never received card) should pay $ 185.

Four Months No Actual Card

It has been four months since my passport stamping and I have not received the card. I have changed the address and got acknowledgement the address has been changed. My family got their cards two weeks ago. Everytime I call the answer is wait 30 days. I even changed my mailing address to start the file and the last letter on 08/05/2005 says card is in production but no change in online message. Any recommendations to resolve this ??

I-140/I-485 4/29/2003 NSC EB1
I-140 AD 08/21/2003
I-485 RFE 03/12/2005
I-485 AD 04/08/2005
PS 04/25/2005 SPM
CO ????

CANADIAN_G said:
It has been four months since my passport stamping and I have not received the card. I have changed the address and got acknowledgement the address has been changed. My family got their cards two weeks ago. Everytime I call the answer is wait 30 days. I even changed my mailing address to start the file and the last letter on 08/05/2005 says card is in production but no change in online message. Any recommendations to resolve this ??
------------------------------- file Form G-731, - Inquiry About Status of I-551 Alien Registration Card with your service center

I-140/I-485 4/29/2003 NSC EB1
I-140 AD 08/21/2003
I-485 RFE 03/12/2005
I-485 AD 04/08/2005
PS 04/25/2005 SPM
CO ????

I haven't received the appointment letter yet. Its almost 60 days now. Should I be worried? I have taken an infopass appointment to get my passport stamped. Will they entertain me without the appointment letter?

I'm also waiting for almost 60 days now.

I don' think we need to be concerned, it takes time depending on the area you live in.

It is absolutely disgusting that if a immigrant needs to replace his/her green card for whatever reasons it takes him almost 6 months to do so. It is shameful the way USCIS treats immigrants. Name me one service for which Americans have to wait for 6 months. I know some patriotic immigrants at this forum would be the first one to point out that if we don’t like it, then we should quit USA. But this is not the point. In USA, where you can pay the bill, get a connection for any service, and literally perform another operation by clicking a button on internet in few days, poor immigrants are treated like animals by USCIS for all services.