I-90 Biometrics Appointment?

Kris73

Registered Users (C)
Hi there,

has anyone who filed around the beginning of July received a biometrics appointment?

I got the NOA receipt on the 12th of July, but nothing after that and calling the phone-no. or the online status check is no help.

This seems to take forever...

Kris73 said:
Hi there,

has anyone who filed around the beginning of July received a biometrics appointment?

I got the NOA receipt on the 12th of July, but nothing after that and calling the phone-no. or the online status check is no help.

This seems to take forever...
----- if you search the threads some one filed I-90 about 4 months back and got biometrics appointment date first week of september. serch the I-90 threds.
did you Efile I-90 or sent to LA lockbox?

My spouse is still waiting to get the fingerprint appointment also. Waiting since the end of July.

Oh bloody great. Good we can get a refund for Biometircs BUT now what happens if we have already sent the application to LA.
This tells you to send it to the place that processed your green card and to now send in your card and documnets. When we applied it said to wait to bring the documnets and GC with you to your in person meeting at the local office. The notice said to wait for the Biometric appointment.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffairs/newsrels/I-90_050908.pdf

It says in this notice if the USCIS has processed your payment and it was their error you can get a refund. IT says nothing about what happens to the application. It does not say it gets forwarded on like for the other scenarios below.

If payment has not been processed it's passed on to the right center. or if you did not send money at all and filed to LA they will forward it on.

I have e-filed on 6th July, recd receipt on 8th July. Waiting for biometrics appt.

Does this change apply to me also? What to do now?

Thanks.

I have no idea what is going on now.

I called the Service Center, the lady had no clue about the new procedure and told me if I got a notice all is in order no reason to file a new application.
I didn't even bother to ask about the refund.

I guess all we can do is sit and wait.

Oh God...what the hec..i applied for my I90 on July 10 and recived my reciept notice on July 14 and that is about it....i am so damn confused now.....please provide an update......are we supposed to send a new application with pics.....

The USCIS website is full of conflicting info about this...I don't see why we should fill out a new application, that would start a new case.
They should be able to transfer the cases and provide the correct info, even the customer service had no idea what is going on now.

why do INS treat immigrants with such disdain? I mean, this new memo is so confusing? it talks about refund but it does not talk much about application itself.

What Should I do

Hi,
I E-File my I-90 on June 13th because they put someone elses picture in my GC. I never received anything from them. I called them so many times they said since I have the MSC# just keep eye on the mail. Well, my eye got tired!! Can I apply again in the new rules or I should wait till I get the appointment letter?

-----Any suggestion will really help!!

Thanks....
IQ

I would wait, it takes up to 90 days from the receipt date, so your case is still within the timeframe.

I'm just as frustrated as you are, but if we start filing again, the mess will be complete because there will be 2 different cases flying around.

They should transfer the cases to the correct service center and send us an update.

you all should write letter AND email to below address for the confusion about I-90 so that they pay attention. if anybody gets info for pending I-90 please update others by posting in this thread

Hon. Prakash Khatri
Ombudsman
Office of the Ombudsman
U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services
Department of Homeland Security
Washington, DC 20528
email: Prakash.Khatri@dhs.gov
By email: prakash.khatri@dhs.gov
his central office email:CISO@DHS.gov
Please send your response to our office by mail at the above address or by electronic mail to: cisombudsman@dhs.gov.

My name is misspelled when I received my GC and apply I-90 on June 16 using e-file. Have not receiving any letter for Biometrics Appointment.

I called national customer service center regarding status of my I-90 application (e-filed on July 6th). The person suggested me to wait until end of october and said that case might have been transfered to vermont service center. He also suggested to write a letter to vermont center reg. refund of fees if I want to claim the fee (70$)

same here

my spouse applied I-90 in July due to spelling mistake in the
name. we got receipt notice but no biometric appointment
since then. just waiting.

Same here. Still waiting on a biometric appointment. What is scary is that we may be changing residence in December. :(