1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The forums have been moved to a new software. All data till march 30 has been moved over. You can start using them. You should be able to login with the same user IDs and passwords as on the old forums. The old forums will be available as ''read only" under forumarchive.immigration.com.
  3. Rajiv hosts a free community conference call every other Thursday at 12:30 p.m, EST. You can post your questions in the conference call forum and dial into the call at (202)800-8394. Next call is on June 19, 2014.

I-864 Question

Discussion in 'Family Based Green Card -Through Marriage/Relative' started by prq20, Sep 26, 2008.

1. prq20

prq20 Registered Users (C)

I am filing I-864 Affidavit of Support to sponsor my wife and have following questions.

15. Country of Domicile. This question is asking you to indicate the country where you maintain your principal residence and where you plan to reside for the foreseeable future.

Question: I am a US Permanent Resident. Based on the instructions, should I put my country of Domicile as USA or the country of my Citizenship?

21. Your Household Size - DO NOT COUNT ANYONE TWICE
    I am Permanent Resident, sponsoring my wife. Thus for "a" I am putting as 1 for my wife and for "b" myself with a household of two for "h".

Question: Should I leave "c" empty, as I have already counted my wife under "a" and myself under "b"?
  2. Atlanta_Brother

Atlanta_Brother Registered Users (C)

Country of Domicile should be USA
    You will not leave "C" blank. If you are married, you will enter "1".
  3. prq20

But if I put 1 for 'C', I will be counting my wife twice as she is intended immigrant.

Are you suggesting to put '1' for '15-A', 1 for '15-B', 1 for '15-C' and 2 for '15-H' on I-864?

Should I put '1' for '15-B'?

Note: My total household is 2 and my wife is intended immigrant.
  4. Atlanta_Brother

Atlanta_Brother Registered Users (C)

Which form, I am confused

prq20,

I am looking at I-864 form Part 5, ques # 21. Where is this ques # 15? Are you looking into a different form?

May be someone esle can answer this question for you.
  5. prq20

Hi Atlanta Brother,

Sorry, I actually meant 21-*. So the below question would be:

But if I put 1 for 'C', I will be counting my wife twice as she is intended immigrant.

Are you suggesting to put '1' for '21-A', 1 for '21-B', 1 for '21-C' and 2 for '21-H' on I-864?

Should I put '1' for '21-B'?

Note: My total household is 2 and my wife is intended immigrant.
  6. TNguy78

TNguy78 Registered Users (C)

Part c falls under the category "Persons NOT sponsored in this affidavit". So "c" should be blank - yes it says to enter one for the spouse, but that would ONLY be if you were not sponsoring your spouse. Remember, this is all under the category of "Persons NOT sponsored in this affidavit".

21 a - 1 (your spouse)
    21 b - 1 (you)
    21 c - 0 (do not include your spouse since you ARE sponsoring her)
    21 h - 2
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2008