1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are looking for volunteer moderators for the forums for various topics. If you are interested and feel that you have the experience for the same, please contact us with your name and topic of interest and your experience in the area in which you wish to volunteer. A moderator is required to visit the forum on a regular basis, control spam, report offending posters, provide recommendations for reorganizing the forums etc.
  3. US Immigration attorney, Rajiv S. Khanna hosts a free community conference call for US Immigration questions every other Thursday at 12:30 p.m, EST. You can post your questions in the conference call forum and dial into the call at (202)800-8394.

I-864: Country of domicile

Discussion in 'Family Based Green Card -Through Marriage/Relative' started by vivek.gupta765, Jan 2, 2010.

1. vivek.gupta765

vivek.gupta765 Registered Users (C)

Hi, I am filing green card of my parents. The form I-864 asks for country of domicile. Should I fill it as India or USA?

PS: I have been living in the US for 12 years. Recently got US citizenship. My parents are citizens of India, and have 10-year multiple entry tourist visa. They have visited US for 7 times in the last 10 years (on tourist visa), staying for ~5.5 months each time.
  2. asss

asss Registered Users (C)

Domicile simply means where u are living right now...Normally filing for a greencard u gotta be domiciled in the Us..this can be proved by current bank accounts...job in the Us..and also property...However you aloud to sponsor some one if u not domiciled in the Us:if u work for govt of US,embassy,military.
    Good luck