I-864: Country of domicile

vivek.gupta765

Registered Users (C)
Hi, I am filing green card of my parents. The form I-864 asks for country of domicile. Should I fill it as India or USA?

PS: I have been living in the US for 12 years. Recently got US citizenship. My parents are citizens of India, and have 10-year multiple entry tourist visa. They have visited US for 7 times in the last 10 years (on tourist visa), staying for ~5.5 months each time.

Hi, I am filing green card of my parents. The form I-864 asks for country of domicile. Should I fill it as India or USA?

PS: I have been living in the US for 12 years. Recently got US citizenship. My parents are citizens of India, and have 10-year multiple entry tourist visa. They have visited US for 7 times in the last 10 years (on tourist visa), staying for ~5.5 months each time.

Domicile simply means where u are living right now...Normally filing for a greencard u gotta be domiciled in the Us..this can be proved by current bank accounts...job in the Us..and also property...However you aloud to sponsor some one if u not domiciled in the Us:if u work for govt of US,embassy,military.
Good luck