1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. US Immigration attorney, Rajiv S. Khanna hosts a free community conference call for US Immigration questions every other Thursday at 12:30 p.m, EST. You can post your questions in the conference call forum and dial into the call at (202)800-8394.

I-864 basis for filing affidavit of support

Discussion in 'Family Based Green Card -Through Marriage/Relative' started by walk_run_bike, Nov 7, 2004.

1. walk_run_bike

walk_run_bike Registered Users (C)

Part 2. Basis of Filing Affidavit of Support

a) I filed/am filing the alien relative petition.

b) I filed/am filing an alien worker petition on behalf of the intending immigrant, who is related to me as my _____________(relationship).

I am married to a US citizen and the I-864 form needs to be filled to complete the package. But the above question is throwing me off. I am here on H-1B visa currently. I was wondering if my wife while filling out I-864 should check a or b in the above question.

Thanks.
    - Walk
  2. NBC_June04

NBC_June04 Registered Users (C)

Your option is "a"
    Your wife is filling for alien realtive in connection wth her initial I-130 "Petition for Alien Relative" and in support of your I-485.
    :)
  3. walk_run_bike

walk_run_bike Registered Users (C)

thanks June. May your month overlast all others.

- Walk