1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The forums have been moved to a new software. All data till march 30 has been moved over. You can start using them. You should be able to login with the same user IDs and passwords as on the old forums. The old forums will be available as ''read only" under forumarchive.immigration.com.
  3. Rajiv hosts a free community conference call every other Thursday at 12:30 p.m, EST. You can post your questions in the conference call forum and dial into the call at (202)800-8394. Next call is on June 19, 2014.

I-864 basis for filing affidavit of support

Discussion in 'Family Based Green Card -Through Marriage/Relative' started by walk_run_bike, Nov 7, 2004.

1. walk_run_bike

walk_run_bike Registered Users (C)

Part 2. Basis of Filing Affidavit of Support

a) I filed/am filing the alien relative petition.

b) I filed/am filing an alien worker petition on behalf of the intending immigrant, who is related to me as my _____________(relationship).

I am married to a US citizen and the I-864 form needs to be filled to complete the package. But the above question is throwing me off. I am here on H-1B visa currently. I was wondering if my wife while filling out I-864 should check a or b in the above question.

Thanks.
    - Walk
  2. NBC_June04

NBC_June04 Registered Users (C)

Your option is "a"
    Your wife is filling for alien realtive in connection wth her initial I-130 "Petition for Alien Relative" and in support of your I-485.
    :)
  3. walk_run_bike

walk_run_bike Registered Users (C)

thanks June. May your month overlast all others.

- Walk