I-864 (affidavit of support) Back off options

kamrans

Registered Users (C)
Hi there,
I filled out a affidavit of support I-864 for someone I barely know as he portrayed himself as very needy but I come to know he did immigration frauds in past. I want to get myself away from his mess.
He filed fiance visa for his fiance abroad and I filled out I-864 in May 2013. The case approved by USCIS and now forwarded to NVC.
What options do I have to back off from what I already signed. How can I talk to NVC or the consulate abroad to take out my I-864 from his petition. Someone told me that embassy will ask for update I-864 as its new year now. If thats the case then I am safe but I am not sure about it and want to make sure that I am safe.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Fiance visa should ask for I-134, not I-864. It's the green card application (consular processing or adjustment of status) that asks for I-864. So if you filed an I-864, it's not for a fiance visa. Anyway, you can withdraw an I-864 before the green card is approved.

Thanks for your response. I've been told that its fiance visa and he will get married when she arrives in USA. How can I withdraw I-864 before green card is approved? Pls let me know the process.
Thanks again for your help. I appreciate it.