I-765 question# 10 and 11

rakesh_sharma

Registered Users (C)
I have a question about Q# 10 & 11 on the form I-765 ( that I am filing along with other AOS forms I-485 etc as a spouse of US Citizen)

Q11. Have you ever before applied for employment authorization from USCIS? Which USCIS office? Results (Granted or Denied - attach all documentation)

-- I will answer 'yes' to this question since I did apply for OPT EAD when I was in school. (I am on H1B1 now). I was granted EAD. However, what other documentation do I need to attach other than a copy of that EAD?

Q# 10. Alien Registration Number (A-Number) or I-94 Number (if any)

-- I have an A# on my OPT EAD that I will write here. As I mentioned above, I am on H1B1 now. And I have an I-94 as well attached to my H1B approval notice. Should I write that number as well? So essentially then, I will be writing both the numbers here.
-- My A# from my OPT EAD
-- I-94 number on the I-94 card that came with my H1B1
Is that correct?

Thank you in advance!

Ans1. I think a copy of your previous EAD will suffice but I will let others with a similar experience confirm as well

Ans2. I think you can just mention your I-94 number. That way they would know to consider your I-94 number (from your H1) above your A# (from OPT EAD)