1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I-765 question# 10 and 11

Discussion in 'Family Based Green Card -Through Marriage/Relative' started by rakesh_sharma, Nov 23, 2006.

  1. rakesh_sharma

    rakesh_sharma Registered Users (C)

    I have a question about Q# 10 & 11 on the form I-765 ( that I am filing along with other AOS forms I-485 etc as a spouse of US Citizen)

    Q11. Have you ever before applied for employment authorization from USCIS? Which USCIS office? Results (Granted or Denied - attach all documentation)

    -- I will answer 'yes' to this question since I did apply for OPT EAD when I was in school. (I am on H1B1 now). I was granted EAD. However, what other documentation do I need to attach other than a copy of that EAD?

    Q# 10. Alien Registration Number (A-Number) or I-94 Number (if any)

    -- I have an A# on my OPT EAD that I will write here. As I mentioned above, I am on H1B1 now. And I have an I-94 as well attached to my H1B approval notice. Should I write that number as well? So essentially then, I will be writing both the numbers here.
    -- My A# from my OPT EAD
    -- I-94 number on the I-94 card that came with my H1B1
    Is that correct?

    Thank you in advance!
  2. madhuri_dhar

    madhuri_dhar Registered Users (C)

    Ans1. I think a copy of your previous EAD will suffice but I will let others with a similar experience confirm as well

    Ans2. I think you can just mention your I-94 number. That way they would know to consider your I-94 number (from your H1) above your A# (from OPT EAD)

Share This Page