I-765 form has been transferred to a different office

rshar

I applied for EAD renewal (category c-8: pending asylum case) in November and got the receipt notice. Then they sent me a notice that they transferred my case in December to another office (Potomac Service center in VA).

I went to the USCIS processing dates webpage and picked potomac center and the page shows dates for EAD based on f-1 visa only. I wonder why it does not show info about EAD based on pending asylum case? and does the transfer affect the overall processing time of my application? and should I contact them after 75 days of the initial filing date or the transfer date?

Thanks so much

Dear rshar,

I have heard two cases where they transferred renewal EAD c-8 case to two different offices, from Vermont to TX then to Potomac SC Virginia. You might not be the only one.

Dear rshar,

I have heard two cases where they transferred renewal EAD c-8 case to two different offices, from Vermont to TX then to Potomac SC Virginia. You might not be the only one.
Thanks mercier, I know now that I am not the only one. Do you have an idea about my other questions?

I think usually transfers are aimed in order to quicken EAD processing because of the workload some offices have. They usually transfer to a different office in order to make sure they are on time to issue you an EAD.

If I were you, I would contact them as soon as I can because it does not hurt to inquire. If you assume that transfer date is the initial date calculated, you might lose time. Hope it helps.

Good news! I just received an email from USCIS about the renewal and they have done processing. I should receive the new EAD Soon!