I-765 form expired

praveend

Hi,
I am trying to renew my EAD and saw on form I-765 it says "Expires 08/31/08" and I don't see any new form on USCIS website. I need to apply for EAD renewal to avoid any problems since it is expiring soon.
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

I have the same question also....I do not see a new form I-765 on USCIS website as of this morning (9/3), and the one on there expired on 8/31/08. Should we wait to see if they have updated it in a few days or so, or take a risk by applying an expired form?

Thanks

I have the same question also....I do not see a new form I-765 on USCIS website as of this morning (9/3), and the one on there expired on 8/31/08. Should we wait to see if they have updated it in a few days or so, or take a risk by applying an expired form?

Thanks

You should go to the instructions of the form to see how old the form is accepted. for example the table of the immigration forms on the web site says "05/27/08. No previous editions accepted" This means that the form I765 accepted is the one issued on 5/27/08 whatever its expiration date is, if any.

Not exactly

"This means that the form I765 accepted is the one issued on 5/27/08 whatever its expiration date is, if any."

Here's what happened to us. We sent in the I-765 with the 8/31/08 expiration date. It was received by them 8/19/08. I got it back rejected and they said "The application/petition was filed on an outdated version of this form. Please resubmit on the current version of this form."

I am stymied. I would not send it in until you know what the deal is, as they have been known to keep the application fee and still reject it for nonsensical reasons. At least that was my experience in the past.
"

they sent back my application because the form is expired. Worst thing is uscis.gov still has expired (08/31/08) form. Where can we find the updated one?

hotcom

I also received my application back as I used the expired form 08/31/08. But where is the updated form??? Anybody please help on this..