I-751 removal of conditional green card: timeline for vermont center

here is my timeline

04/30/2005 received my conditional GC
01/30/2007 sent my I-751
02/05/2007 received a notice that check was cashed
04/30/2007 GC expired so i had to go to Newark office to get a stamp (still no NOA)
In May i called them whats wrong with my NOA and they said it was sent to me, but i never got it, so they told me my receipt number which works online (surprise!) and i checked it. It said that on February 8 they sent me NOA, but i never got it, so after a week since i called them i got it finally.
So now is July already and still waiting for my I-751 being approved. I am getting mad. They didnt even want me to do biometrics yet or fingerprints. Is it normal? Can they approve it without doing all those stuff?
I belong to VSC by the way. My husband and I don't have kids, which would be a good proof that the marriage was in good faith, but we sent all bunch of other stuff, that we join together.
Does anybody have the same situation?

Last edited by a moderator:
1-May-20007: Vermont center of USCIS receives the application
25-May-2007: Received mail from USCIS stating that they have encashed the check
7-June-2007: Receives the letter for fingerprinting on 23-June-2007
23-June-2007: Fingerprinting done

Hmm do you know whether fingerptinting is required by all I-751 applicants? I think I heard not everyone has to do it, since we did it for I-485 plus we will have to do it for citizenship, but i am not sure. I also belong to VSC and they got my application in February but so far i just got NOA (i even had to call them for that)

Joannanj,

Fingerprints are required for all I-751 applicants. Since you had problems receiving your NOA, you should contact them again, maybe the fingerprints appointment letter was sent and you didn't get it. Usually,It will not show in the website if they sent or not the fingerprints letter to you. Just to be safe contact them.The whole I-751 process might take from 6 months to one year.

Joannanj,

Fingerprints are required for all I-751 applicants. Since you had problems receiving your NOA, you should contact them again, maybe the fingerprints appointment letter was sent and you didn't get it. Usually,It will not show in the website if they sent or not the fingerprints letter to you. Just to be safe contact them.The whole I-751 process might take from 6 months to one year.

Thx Lisa
I will call them on Monday, i don't like to call them though, nobody ever knows anything, and they just say "it is pending". You kind of gave me a hope saying the whole process takes 6 months to 1 year, other people say 2 years :(

Thx Lisa
I will call them on Monday, i don't like to call them though, nobody ever knows anything, and they just say "it is pending". You kind of gave me a hope saying the whole process takes 6 months to 1 year, other people say 2 years :(

Some cases can take 2 years to be completed, but those cases are more complicated which includes the ones based on divorce. Others have problems because of lost paperwork , and other kind of delays. It also depends of the Service Center, some are slower than others. Generally , it takes 6 months to one year. Good luck to you and all!

Some cases can take 2 years to be completed, but those cases are more complicated which includes the ones based on divorce. Others have problems because of lost paperwork , and other kind of delays. It also depends of the Service Center, some are slower than others. Generally , it takes 6 months to one year. Good luck to you and all!

Ok, so i called INS today and that woman wanted my receipt number. I asked her if they ever sent me appointment notice for fingerprints and biometrics. She started telling me that based on my receipt number she doesnt see if they sent me anything, because it doesn't say so. That i already knew myself, i tracked my receipt number and it doesn't say so also, that's why i was calling her. I wanted to talk to immigration officer or someone who will know more than her and she told me it is not possible to talk through this phone number to immigration officer and i have to make infopass appointment.
Do you think i should make infopass appointment now or should i wait? I see the processing times online and it says December 01, 2006, and i sent my stuff on January 30, 2007. Do you think i should wait 2 more months till they will be processing my case, and then if they still dont send me anything i may set an infopass?

I would suggest to make info pass appointment.

My wife applied for citizenship and after six months she moved to Maryland with me from Nebraska. A week after she moved the oath ceremony letter was sent to her Nebraska address. We told INS that she had moved and they cancelled the oath ceremony and they sent all the papers to Baltimore office.

We waited six months and nothing happened. I called them every month and there was no good response. So I made an appoinment and went to Baltimore office. They said they would look into it but I kept making appointment and visiting Baltimore office once every month.

On 4th visit they found that by mistake the papers were sent to National ARchive center in Missouri. It took another 3 months to get the papers from Missouri. In the menatime I kept visiting once a month.

Then one day suddently they said oh since you are hear why don't you go upstairs for fingerprinting. Yes it was like that only. I came home picked up my wife and went for fingerprinting.

Then after three months she got her oath ceremony letter. I ketp visiting the office once a month until she was granted citizenship.

I know I did extra work because her case got complicated because of the move. If your case is complicated then do make an infopass appointment and keep visiting in the hope that one of the officers will actually look at the papers.

Thx Simon, loool u so funny, you kept bugging them with your infopass appointment. I just did it online, so i go to talk to immigration officer on July 17th at 9:00am in Newark, lets see what he will say. Also i am gonna drag my husband with me, to make it look better. I just dont want them to get suspicious that i worry about it too much, cuz they may think i wanna divorce my husband soon and thats why i care about speeding up the whole process. I just worry that it seems on this forum people got their biometrics and fingerprints done so fast and in my case everything is on hold or something.
Yeah, i will bother them with infopass appointments too, if i have to ;)

I would suggest to make info pass appointment.

My wife applied for citizenship and after six months she moved to Maryland with me from Nebraska. A week after she moved the oath ceremony letter was sent to her Nebraska address. We told INS that she had moved and they cancelled the oath ceremony and they sent all the papers to Baltimore office.

We waited six months and nothing happened. I called them every month and there was no good response. So I made an appoinment and went to Baltimore office. They said they would look into it but I kept making appointment and visiting Baltimore office once every month.

On 4th visit they found that by mistake the papers were sent to National ARchive center in Missouri. It took another 3 months to get the papers from Missouri. In the menatime I kept visiting once a month.

Then one day suddently they said oh since you are hear why don't you go upstairs for fingerprinting. Yes it was like that only. I came home picked up my wife and went for fingerprinting.

Then after three months she got her oath ceremony letter. I ketp visiting the office once a month until she was granted citizenship.

I know I did extra work because her case got complicated because of the move. If your case is complicated then do make an infopass appointment and keep visiting in the hope that one of the officers will actually look at the papers.

01-05-07 I-751 package sent
01-10-07 NOA issued
02-07-07 Biometrics done
07-09-07 E-mail by CRIS for a Card Production ordered

01-05-07 I-751 package sent
01-10-07 NOA issued
02-07-07 Biometrics done
07-09-07 E-mail by CRIS for a Card Production ordered

Hmm you sent I-751 the same month, just few days earlier, damn, i am getting more nervous now. How come i didn't have biometrics done yet? They f.. sleep thinking of my case or what?

I-751 Delay?

Well seems as though you are further up the chain than I am... I filed my I-751 on the 22nd of June 07. (This was the date it was recieved by USCIS). I only know this since I had delivery confirmation. Today is July 11th and I have yet not recieved any letter from USCIS nor has my check been cashed. I am just about ready to panic but not sure if there is anything to worry about just yet. Is there something I can do to find out what is going on?

When your check got cashed?

The date on my bank statement is Jan 12,2007. Shortly after I received a yellow piece of flying paper- an invoice for the fee. It had a receipt number still starting with EAC#, but diffrent than those on the NOAs for I-751 I got later.
I assume the day they proceed to cancel the check they issue a NOA as well, since my NOA receipt date is Jan 10, and the check went through our bank account a couple of days later.

Its been 14 months since i applied for the I751 and I'm still waiting for my interview

Anyone else experiencing this long delay?

Sorry to hear about your lengthy delay, but have you applied for naturalisation? An N-400 application forces a pending I-751 for adjudication.

Its been 14 months since i applied for the I751 and I'm still waiting for my interview

Anyone else experiencing this long delay?

Well seems as though you are further up the chain than I am... I filed my I-751 on the 22nd of June 07. (This was the date it was recieved by USCIS). I only know this since I had delivery confirmation. Today is July 11th and I have yet not recieved any letter from USCIS nor has my check been cashed. I am just about ready to panic but not sure if there is anything to worry about just yet. Is there something I can do to find out what is going on?

Hi

I think there is a delay with receipting (correct me if I'm wrong) - see USCIS website.

Vermont received my I-751 on 27 June 2007 and the package was signed for. Like you I have not heard anything. But please update if you hear from them. Then I can start worrying if I still dont hear from them. :eek:

Thanks

I sent my I-751 on july 5th and they received it on july 6th.
They had cashed my check on july 12th. (Checked my bank account online)
I noticed that they wrote EACXXXXXXX on the front of the check.
Does it mean that my case is in process?
I haven't received a mail from vermont center yet.
my conditional GC will be expired on July 29th. Kinda worried...

Finally i got the letter from INS about biometrics. They scheduled me for August 07 at 8:00am. Does anybody know how long it takes to approve the I-751 application after biometrics are taken?