I-751 removal of conditional green card: timeline for vermont center

simon_ship

Registered Users (C)
I live in Maryland and today 05-April-2007 I sent my I-751 papers to remove conditional green card to Vermont Service Center.

I want to move to Virginia since that's where I work. My lease renewal is coming up. But I don't want to move until I get my green card. I don't want to deal with change of address issue especially when I am moving to a new state.

Does anyone know how long approximately it will take for the Vermont center to process my case. If anyone else has applied for I-751 with Vermont center then please share your timeline. It will help us all.

If you check the online case status it will give you a rough idea. By no means is that accurate but it gives you some idea. I beleive in Vermont I-751 is taking 6-8 months currently, but that means squat. At least give it 6 months is what I would suggest.

I know its too late but maybe you should have given them a P.O. Box or work address for mail and corrospondence.

I wish you luck. I will be applying for I-751 in about 10 months let me know how long it takes you.

i applied for my I751 on may 31 2006 (TSC), recieved a letter dec 21 saying that my case has been relocated to the New Orleans office and i should wait for an interview

Still waiting

:(

Hello,

It is taking anywhere from 6months to longer for VSC according to USCIS webpage. I applied in Dec 2006, still waiting.

how long after you're married and receive the conditional GC are you able to apply for the permanent GC? Do you need to apply a few months ahead of the 2 yr anniversary because there is such a delay? Thank you.

You can apply 90 days before the 2nd anniversary of your CPR status.

how long after you're married and receive the conditional GC are you able to apply for the permanent GC? Do you need to apply a few months ahead of the 2 yr anniversary because there is such a delay? Thank you.

twopac3:If you check the online case status it will give you a rough idea.

What's the website to check the online status?

There were some problems with my papers. I resubmitted the papers and it was delivered on May-1-2007. I will post the timeline here as the case progresses.

Timeline so far:

1-May-20007: Vermont center of USCIS receives the application
25-May-2007: Received mail from USCIS stating that they have encashed the check

Hi Simon,

I also applied for the I-751 to Vermont Service Center. I also live in Maryland. Here is my timeline:

5/21/07: I sent the I-751 by overnight mail because on the 5/22 is exactly 90 days from my GC expiration date.
5/22/07: They received my papers.
5/29/07: Received letter stating that they cashed the check.
5/29/07: The date of my NOA
6/11/07: Received the actual NOA extending my conditional GC for onr more year.
6/13/07: Received the biometrics appointment for 6/23

Good luck to you!

Hi Simon,

I also applied for the I-751 to Vermont Service Center. I also live in Maryland. Here is my timeline:

5/21/07: I sent the I-751 by overnight mail because on the 5/22 is exactly 90 days from my GC expiration date.
6/11/07: Received the actual NOA extending my conditional GC for onr more year.

Good luck to you!

may I ask what evidence did you send out?

.Hi Lexis300,

The most important documents are the Financial ones. Here are some of the main evidence they ask for:
- Joint lease or mortgage agreement and deed
- If you have kids, their birth certificate.
- Joint Tax Returns.
- Joint Checking/Savings/ CDs/ Money Market accounts( you don't need to have all those accounts but at least savings or checking , as more you have better).
-Life Insurance/ Retirement Accounts in which have you or your spouse as beneficiary.
- Joint car insurance, homeowners insurance, and health insurance.
- Joint credit cards
- Joint utility billls( gas, water ,cell, home phone, power,cable,etc)
- At least 2 notarized affidativ from friends or family attesting that you are in a good faith marriage.
- Any property you own together that are in both names, etc.

Secondary ones will be:
- Cards , e-mail ,and letters sent to both in which it shows same address
- Pictures from the wedding, reception, trips, etc.
- And anything that you have that can be used as evidence, you can send as many as you wish. I sent about 140 pages total including form because I have been collecting everything for about 3 years of marriage and adding both names to everything.

Try to send as much evidence possible , so your process can go faster . Also ,you will not get those annoying notices asking for more, unless they lose some of your papers like they lost my tax returns and they asked me to send it again during my I-485 case.
Good luck to you and all!!

Last edited by a moderator:
.Hi Lexis300,

The most important documents are the Financial ones. Here are some of the main evidence they ask for:
- Joint lease or mortgage agreement and deed
- If you have kids, their birth certificate.
- Joint Tax Returns.
- Joint Checking/Savings/ CDs/ Money Market accounts( you don't need to have all those accounts but at least savings or checking , as more you have better).
-Life Insurance/ Retirement Accounts in which have you or your spouse as beneficiary.
- Joint car insurance, homeowners insurance, and health insurance.
- Joint credit cards
- Joint utility billls( gas, water ,cell, home phone, power,cable,etc)
- At least 2 notarized affidativ from friends or family attesting that you are in a good faith marriage.
- Any property you own together that are in both names, etc.

Secondary ones will be:
- Cards , e-mail ,and letters sent to both in which it shows same address
- Pictures from the wedding, reception, trips, etc.
- And anything that you have that can be used as evidence, you can send as many as you wish. I sent about 140 pages total including form because I have been collecting everything for about 3 years of marriage and adding both names to everything.

Try to send as much evidence possible , so your process can go faster . Also ,you will not get those annoying notices asking for more, unless they lose some of your papers like they lost my tax returns and they asked me to send it again during my I-485 case.
Good luck to you and all!!

THanks. . . With the letter from friends and family what do they actually have to write on it?

Here is what they have in the I-751 instructions:

"Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by at least two peoplewho have known both of you since your conditionalresidence was granted and have personal knowledge ofyour marriage and relationship. (Such persons may berequired to testify before an immigration officer as to theinformation contained in the affidavit.) The originalaffidavit must be submitted and also contain the followinginformation regarding the person making the affidavit:his or her full name and address; date and place of birth;relationship to you or your spouse, if any; and fullinformation and complete details explaining how theperson acquired his or her knowledge."

Last edited by a moderator:
From Visajourney.com templates

7.8.1) ..So what does USCIS (INS) want to see in the affidavit from people we know??
A..I did the I-751 in 1997, and it was approved without an interview. I asked the USCIS (INS) the very same question. I did exactly what they told me to do for the affidavits.

- Choose 2 friends who know you well *as a married couple*
- Have EACH friend write a letter
- Letter format:
- Must include the person's name, date of birth, SSN, address, and phone.
- Must be dated.
- Must state how the person came to know you [and list each of you by name).
- When and for how long they have known you.
- Must state that they have seen you a certain amount of time ['frequently' works] since you have been married and that you appear to be a married couple.
- Must be signed, have to be notarized.

The above poster then described the format used for her letters:

David Smith
Address
City, State zip
(telephone number)

Date

To whom It may concern:

I am writing this letter to support the I-751 petition by Jane and
John Doe. I have known Jane and John since (date), when we met while
John and I were co-workers. I served as best man at their wedding.
Since their marriage, I have seen Jane and John together as a couple
many times and in a variety of situations, both at my house and
theirs, as well as in public. They appear to be a legitimately
married couple.

The most recent time that I saw them as a couple was at Jane's
surprise birthday party hosted by John.

If you have any questions, I may be reached at the phone number or the
address above.

sincerely,

David Smith
(social security number)
(date of birth)

I wanted to post my timeline of removal of conditions (I-751) application at VSC
Applied Dec 1, 2006.
Received E-mail June 18,2007. Card production ordered.

Best

Timeline so far

1-May-20007: Vermont center of USCIS receives the application
25-May-2007: Received mail from USCIS stating that they have encashed the check
7-June-2007: Receives the letter for fingerprinting on 23-June-2007
23-June-2007: Fingerprinting done

Here is my timeline:

6/11/07: Received the actual NOA extending my conditional GC for one more year.
6/23/07: fingerprints done
6/26/07: LUD ( Last Update Date) on website