• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

I-551 Stamp

DV2007-SA

Registered Users (C)
Hello All DV winners,

Quick question:
I had my interview this Monday (April 2) and the officer said everything looked fine on my file, nonetheless, I didn't get my passport stamped with the I-551 seal. She mentioned that they will request a package from the Department of State and after that my GC will be mailed. Is the I-551 stamp mandatory for a GC or is there a possibility that they will mail the GC without the I-551 stamp?

Thanks for your help!

DV2007-SA

Hi,

With AOS they rarely give stamps at interviews nowadays.

If they haven't received the KCC file your case isn't officially approved yet, that is another reason for not stamping/ordering a GC for you at this time.

KCC are good and fast, they'll respond to the file request in no time and you'll have your GC.

Thank you Barbara...would it be OK for me to call KCC and check if my documents have been sent/requested to the USCIS?

Thanks again,
DV2007-SA

Yes, it is a very good idea to call KCC and ask about the files. I did that and they told me the exact date they'd sent them to my local office.

Thank you Barbara...I called KCC and my package was sent April 3rd to my local USCIS office (a day after my interview).