I-485 Withdrawal - Moving to Europe

lsjt

I came to the US on a J-1 VISA in August 2009 - then was here on a F-1 VISA from August 2010 to June 2014 when I finished my OPT. I got married to my husband in September 2013 and wasn't able to file my I-485 and other documents (work permit, travel document) due to serious illness until August 2014. I already had my biometrics taken and now have been waiting for an interview. The only issue is that we decided to move to my home country in Europe for a couple of years and then will eventually come back. I went to USCIS office and they recommend that I withdraw from my application. We will be leaving the country in a couple of days. I have a travel document valid until September 2015.

I am not sure if my husband also needs to withdraw from I-130 ..?
What exactly do I have to send if I want to withdraw the application? What kind of information?
Does the withdrawal letter have to be notarized?
Do I have to keep a US address for USCIS to send me mail?
Do they send notifications internationally?
Will this affect my application in the future?

He shouldn't withdraw the I-130. Hold on to the I-130 approval notice, because it can be used later when you're ready to immigrate in the future via the consulate.

You don't need to notarize the withdrawal letter, but you need to sign it. The letter should mention the I-485 receipt number, and you should attach a copy of the I-485 receipt. Do not mention withdrawal of the I-130.

I don't know if they'll send any confirmation of processing the withdrawal, but you can check the I-485 status online (however they are not 100% reliable at updating the online status).