I-485 Reciept notice confusion

CJPXIN

Hi, There,
I filed my I140/485 concurrently at begining of June 2004. I got two received notice after that. First one is on June 15, 2004 said everything OK and pending for process; The second on is on June 30, 2004 said I need further evidence, but there is not request evidence list out. I asked my lawyer and he said that is a mistake of INS and I don't need worry. Is this true? I know INS makes tons of mistakes, how can I verify this is a real mistake?

Thanks a lot for any idea.

CJPXIN said:
Hi, There,
I filed my I140/485 concurrently at begining of June 2004. I got two received notice after that. First one is on June 15, 2004 said everything OK and pending for process; The second on is on June 30, 2004 said I need further evidence, but there is not request evidence list out. I asked my lawyer and he said that is a mistake of INS and I don't need worry. Is this true? I know INS makes tons of mistakes, how can I verify this is a real mistake?

Thanks a lot for any idea.

If it is for your own 485, call USCIS 800# and ask. You may not be able to ask about 140 though on the same call. ;)

Thank you, EricS.
I forget to mention, my case was filed through company's attorny. I did call INS but they asked the lawyer to call them. The lawyer always told me don't worry.

CJPXIN said:
Thank you, EricS.
I forget to mention, my case was filed through company's attorny. I did call INS but they asked the lawyer to call them. The lawyer always told me don't worry.

Do you have the receipt numbers for 485?

My case was also filed by company lawyer. I recently called USCIS 800# to report that my wife's 485 case was not reopened along with mine and also changed the address. The rep there never asked me to have the lawyer call them. All I can suggest is that If you have the receipt numbers, try calling again, may be the different rep will just tell you the actual status.

BTW, you can also check the staus online if you have receipt numbers.

You can make a direct enquiry on I-485 because you are the petitioner. for I-140 the lawyer or employer has to call because the employer is the petitioner and you are only the beneficiary.